<  Toy Chat  ~  Luffy's pics [Course of mathematics]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:15 am
Roto JunkieJoined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:57 amPosts: 261Location: Dayton OH
waow. i just took a look back thru all your photos from this thread. what do you use to light and backdrop these guys? i saw you mentioned photoshop, but still. also what type of camera?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:32 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:00 amPosts: 116Location: France (cagnes sur mer)
Thanks for your comment.

To make those pics I used the following:

- to shoot them I previously used an IXUS 55 and I have switched for a Pentax K10 D (I think that half of my pics from my flickr have been done with the IXUS)
- to light the toys, I often use simple flashlight (like a maglite one) as for example the "The Crowd" pic, for the two last ones I have used a bigger one (but it is still a simple flashlight as the one you can find in your father's garage). For the Leilow hawai Be@rbrick and the red flatwood pics, I have used as a background an handmade light table that my father built me for drawing
- for the backgrounds I used either handmade one (like for the "the crowd" pic) or my computer screen or some printed pics or real backgrounds
- then I often reworked the pic for brightness, contrast and saturation by software (xnview, the gimp, whatever...)

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles. In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves."
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:24 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:22 pmPosts: 434Location: Chicago
WOW Luffy, your pics are awesome!!!! :shock: :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:55 am
Roto JunkieJoined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:57 amPosts: 261Location: Dayton OH
luffy06 wrote:
- to light the toys, I often use simple flashlight (like a maglite one) as for example the "The Crowd" pic, for the two last ones I have used a bigger one (but it is still a simple flashlight as the one you can find in your father's garage). For the Leilow hawai Be@rbrick and the red flatwood pics, I have used as a background an handmade light table that my father built me for drawing

Or mother's garage! :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:32 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:00 amPosts: 116Location: France (cagnes sur mer)

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles. In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves."
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:05 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:07 pmPosts: 125Location: 60657
hahaha that third picture is amazing!
you always have the best toys and mos def the best photos!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:12 am
Thanks for your comment!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:53 am
(my idea of CD cover for a compilation I will offer to somebody)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:03 am
I've just noticed that the chomper's smile reminds me somebody:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:15 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:18 amPosts: 117Location: Chicago, IL
Those last 5 photos are great action shots! Now we know, if Toy Story was made involving vinyl toys instead, what it would have been like! Oh man, imagine the awesomeness.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:17 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:12 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
Ahahahaha. Awesome picture.

:lol: :lolo:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:25 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:32 amPosts: 224Location: Bigger Than a Breadbox
Wow, all those pictures are really great--and creative. I love the new one...it just proves that tofu is sluts...

Always great...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5093001
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:33 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:06 amPosts: 127Location: ireland
Stunning pictures

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:36 pm
thx everyone

here's my second pic for the toylove 2008 contest

Offline Profile