<  Toy Chat  ~  The Simpsons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:07 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:12 pmPosts: 132Location: Mid-West
Simpson's toy ... love it ... like it ... hate it?

Personally, I like em and think they're funny. I do get the moving away from the mission statement though...

Last edited by roto 64 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:40 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
I think businesses HAVE to evolve. If we had stuck to our guns we would have never started to work with artists to make stuff. Sure, it's taking us a while to get up and running, but we've got some pretty interesting things planned. But go back a couple years and I was actively saying that we were'nt interested in trying to manufacture designer toys....I just didn't see the need given the number of companies/artists already doing it and wanted to stick to giving our customers the best possible selection and service. But I changed my mind when the opportunity landed in our lap and I saw that we could do things a little different and, hopefully, add something worthwhile.

If Matt Groening approached us and wanted to do something, anything, I would almost definitely say yes. I love the Simpsons. I love Life in Hell. I love Futurama.

I'd say the quality on this series is a 7/10...meaning good, but not flawless. If you're expecting them to look as great as the Playmates Simpsons figures you'll be a little disappointed, but then again that's comparing apples and oranges....even though I'm certain that Kidrobot made a pretty hefty number of the Simpsons minis, I'd also be willing to bet that Playmates made 10 or 100 times more of the Playmates series....generally speaking, quality is much easier to achieve on that scale, at least with this type of figure. All in all, I'm pretty happy with these and will be trying to complete a set for myself.

Finally....I would have rather had Futurama blind boxes, but that's just me. :p

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:50 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:12 pmPosts: 132Location: Mid-West
Wow! Now that's a response Kirby!

A business does have to evolve. If you're stagnant ... you die.

From what pics I've seen, the paint looks a bit sketchy in places but for a 3" figure and if you love the Simpsons ... I think they're pretty cool. I'd be happy with Itchy and Scratchy but thrilled with a full set. I'd love to have the whole gang on my shelf as they're classics.

Futurama would be cool too and I'd surprised if those aren't produced as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:31 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:07 pmPosts: 125Location: 60657
I think the set looks pretty solid; the paint job isn't the best but good enough. I don't know if I want to try and get the whole set but I mos def want Itchy and Scratchy!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:48 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:59 amPosts: 160
rotokirby wrote:

Ditto. Anyone heard when the Futurama Qee are coming out?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:26 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:15 amPosts: 56Location: Mexico city
luvyatoo wrote:
rotokirby wrote:

i would kill for an 8" bender qee :D hope they make one

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:30 pm
luvyatoo wrote:
rotokirby wrote:

:eek: That would be so sweet if they ever did this!

Offline Profile