<  Toy Chat  ~  New figures from El Maz and Lina Britton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:26 pm
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:41 pmPosts: 10Location: lost angels
It's been awhile since i have posted over here, but i wanted to share these new pieces of art that i am extremely proud of...

Now that I am back home from the show, I wanted to share my contributions to the Monster Art Rally show for Gallery 1988 SF. The plush figures are hand-made and were done in collaboration with Lina Britton, and they look fantastic in person. The plush figures are her artistic interpretation in plush format of my characters. They really raise the bar for what plush figures are (in my opinion) because they have features like embroidered eyes/facial features and have a very polished feel to them. I am super proud of what she was able to accomplish with these.

the pen and ink pieces and the plush characters all tell a story together and work in collaboration with one another. there is a story behind these pieces/figures, and if you are interested you can read about it here: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=118681

now, first off are the pen and ink pieces. they are from the "fred's dream" series of pictures and the 2 pieces together reflect the story previously mentioned. here they are:

Title: Fred's Dream Part 4, Section A (Entangled)
Medium: Pen and ink and acrylic paint on watercolor paper
Size of Artwork: 16" x 20"
Size of Frame: 18.5" x 22.5"

Title: Fred's Dream Part 4, Section B (As The King Awaits)
Medium: Pen and ink and acrylic paint on watercolor paper
Size of Artwork: 9" x 12"
Size of Frame: 11.5" x 14.25"

and now I would like to introduce you to the cast of plush characters.

Frederick J. Carrotson the 4th, also known as Fred the One-Eyed Carrot. He can be seen here sporting his brand new tentacle belt, along with 2 of his children, Barney and Stanley. The tentacles on his belt are wired and can be posed.
Fred stands approximately 12 inches tall.

Henry Q. Heartleford the 2nd, also known as The King of Hearts. He can be seen here with his 3 children: Prince Monroe, Prince Sven, and Prince Chaz.
The King of Hearts stands approximately 8.5" tall.

Count Herbert Von Spiderton the 8th, also known as Herbie the Headless Spider. The body is approximately 8 inches long, and with the legs it is approximately 17 inches wide. The red heart on his back is embroidered. The legs are wired and can be posed

Lady Buttersley. The wingspan is approximately 10 inches, and the tail length is approximately 21 inches. The tail/tentacle is wired and can be posed.

Edward R. Squidman Jr., also known as Squiddles the Somewhat Giant Squid. Squiddles is approximately 35 inches tall. The tentacles are wired and can be posed.

so there you have it. the contributions of El Maz and Lina Britton for the Gallery1988 SF Monster Art Rally show. Please remember to click on the pictures so they open up nice and big for you (as they are intended to be seen). If you are interested in purchasing any of these, please send Katie an email at gallery1988sf@gmail.com

you won't be disappointed.
M.

Last edited by el maz on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:15 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
I dig squid! But no selling chit here.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:45 pm
iccdp wrote:

apologies my good man, original post edited to remove all traces of pricing.
thanks for digging the squid, it seemed to be a crowd favorite at the show as well

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:51 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
el maz wrote:
iccdp wrote:

thanks for digging the squid, it seemed to be a crowd favorite at the show as well

I like the way your stuff has evolved, good stuff for sure! I like Derringers too.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:01 pm
iccdp wrote:
el maz wrote:
iccdp wrote:

I like the way your stuff has evolved, good stuff for sure! I like Derringers too.

thanks for the kind words bro, it's much appreciated!
yeah that flintlock is sort of an amalgamation of several different pieces i liked, plus i threw in my own flair on it as well. i am happy with how it turned out. i'm glad you dig it too

Offline Profile