<  Toy Chat  ~  Milo the Cloud - Pocket Art

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:07 am
User avatarJoined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:17 pmPosts: 41Location: Chicago
So I've finally got these Milos painted and boxed. I'm sure some of you remember me posting a long time ago about the process of creating these, and it's mostly been so long since then because of life changes. Since the first time I posted about them I've had a bunch of crazy family stuff happen, and then I fell in love and planned a wedding and got married and went on a honeymoon (to Hawaii, which was crazy awesome!) But there's been a through-line of Milo in all of that, and since I met my wife, she has been encouraging me to keep doing it. She's one of the main reasons I actually got down to making a Milo comic strip, and the strip has been key in keeping me inspired and interested in eventually releasing these.

I'm going to swing by roto this week sometime (what day would be best for you guys, Kirby?) and see if they want to carry any in-store.

If anybody hasn't checked out the comic strip, you can enjoy Milo and all his friends there.
Milo The Cloud

Depending on how this (semi) open ended run sells, I'll likely be doing more of these with different characters. I'd really like to do a 'Lou, the cardinal' piece. I've learned a lot from doing it, and I think the next figure I produce will be a lot more smooth in terms of process.

Hope you enjoy these.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:22 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Lookin' good....drop me an email or PM with your thoughts and pricing and whatnot and we'll consider finding a spot for a few in the store. :)

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:13 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:45 pmPosts: 259
Congratulations! I will definitely pick one up. Good to hear from Milo.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:51 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:53 pmPosts: 270Location: Chicago
Just picked up Milo on saturday. Loving it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:15 pm
Right on, Sleepyhead! I'm really happy to have Milo carried by Rotofugi. It's giving me the inspiration to do more figures. For anyone that hasn't heard, Milo is currently for sale at Rotofugi, so drop in and grab one! And wanted to thank Kirby again for posting the link to the webcomic.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:58 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:53 pmPosts: 270Location: Chicago
I'm looking forward to the next figure. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:33 pm
Me too. ;)

I'm actually working on a custom collaboration with Zook right now. He's got a character called Slurmy, and a long while ago I told him I'd like to do something with it (Lou chasing after him with a butterfly net is what I was thinking,)

Here's the prelim sculpt. It's tiny, so it's not going to be super detailed.

Not sure if that'll work or not.

Anyway, I think a real solid Lou sculpt is my next big priority. Think people would dig a badass cardinal with guns as much as I would.

Also thinking for some reason about doing a Milo in foam. Not sure how that would be handled best though. I think a plush Milo would be cool, but I'm no plush-maker.

Glad people are digging the Milo Pocket Art though. Took some more in today, and met Jen (who was super nice) and she said that folks are really enthusiastic when they see Milo. Which makes my grin extra huge.

Thanks guys.

Offline Profile