<  Toy Chat  ~  Pocket Plush - Prototype stage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:58 am
User avatarJoined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:17 pmPosts: 41Location: Chicago
Following my happy success with Milo Pocket Art, currently on sale at Rotofugi, and in my online store, I'm developing another character from my webcomic, Milo the Cloud, Hank the Balloon. Hank is a surly cynic, who's always up for a fight because he's a rare balloon that's re-enforced with Kevlar.

I'm still working out some design kinks, but here's a couple snaps of my progress so far. Thought you guys would like to see it. My plan is to make this a limited edition, red suede version, with a cheaper, less-limited (and less suede) version to come out later. This version is obviously done in super-mega-cheap (read that: found) fabric.

The string is done with raffia-wrapped wire that stands him up pretty nicely, and the bowtie will be done in foam. The faces will be done with silkscreen ink, and done with a stencil before it's all sewn together. Let me know what you think. I'm actually looking for a little constructive feedback here. The things that I'm going to be refining from this point are a couple tweaks in the shape, which I'm not 100% happy with. It's really close, but I think it needs to be just a little less oblong. Hank's always a BIT oblong, but this is a little bit overkill, I think.

The thing I'm looking forward to is seeing what people decide to wrap him around. You could use him to tie up another toy, or wrap him around your steering-wheel, or just keep him on your desk to berate you. I'm also thinking of including some word bubbles to give him nasty comments you can interchange.

Thanks for checking it out!
Sean

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Looks like you're headed in the right direction. Interested to see the final material choices. ;)

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile