<  Everything Else  ~  Kung-Fu Hustle...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:08 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
Ok I don't know when they will release Kung-Fu Hustle in the U.S. or when they released it in China/Taiwan I saw a preview of it when I went to see Ong-Bak (?sp) and thought man another Stephen Chow movie awesome I mean who didn't like Shaolin Soccer... So I went to this comic book convention out in Rosemont on Sunday(I would like to add that now a days I only go to see what Toys and Anime I can find) and this guy is selling a copy of Kung-Fu Hustle for 10 bucks obviously it is a "copy" but I could not resist so I bought it came home watched the 1st half with almost no problems then the 2nd half starts acting up and towards the last 20 minutes the whole DVD player stops so I switch DVD players and watch 10 more minutes and it stops again by this time i'm so pissed off and my friend asks me if I have a DVD player on my computer so I say no but my roommate does so we go to his room watch another 5 minutes and it skips out again, I did get to see the end but in small stills.
So what is this post about anyway? it's just a rant cause I bought something that I really wanted and did not know where to get a real one and ended up getting screwed. :cry:

On the up side if they ever release the movie in the U.S. in Chicago I am so there this movie was awesome and I'm going to bring everyone I know to see it and you should go too! Stephen Chow rocks! :) :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:29 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:20 pmPosts: 11Location: Uptown, Chicago
I had the same thing with a burnt DVD from a friend. I'd had to pause and play every other minute just to watch it. On the upside there my be two places in chicago to obtain another copy One is a well known comic book shop on the north side next to a equalily excellent sushi joint. The other is downstairs east end of the china town mall. The offical HK version came out on DVD March 3rd so the online importers have it. You don't have to be DIABOLIK to find it online. Good Luck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:20 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
Ive never been to that sushi place but it looks really nice. I havent been to china town in 2 years are you refering to the new or old china town? and I havent really looked for it online :roll:

Thanks for the info.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:55 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
i know that the region 3 versions are out. i also remember seeing the dvd when i was at chinatown a couple of weekends ago. but i don't remember if it was region 3 or not. if you have a cheaper dvd player, you can more than likely make the player all-region by enter secret codes on your remote so that you can view other region dvds.

i love hk films. i'm addicted to them really.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:24 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
The trailer for this is online. Looks cool. Can't wait!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/kung_fu_hustle.html

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile