<  Everything Else  ~  Really off-topic - what's your favorite cereal?!?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:20 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:10 amPosts: 711Location: Buffalo
And YES they did have rice krispie treats cereal..haven't seen it in awhile...

has anyone ever attempted a show featuring the cereal box characters?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:24 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
here they are. amazon.com is selling them for $4.49. i had NO idea they sold food! .. ha.

regarding lucky charms, i grew up on the original and still buy them from time to time when i feel i need a sugar rush. the berry ones sound gross, but i might try the chocolate.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:35 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:10 amPosts: 711Location: Buffalo
Damn Celena - you gotta change your Avatar - I can't visit any forums where you post without having some serious fantasies - my wife's gonna get lucky tonite!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:52 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri May 06, 2005 4:27 pmPosts: 136Location: London, for now
Quote:
i also used to enjoy this one cereal that my grandparents always had. it's like the mini wheats, only it had fruit filling in the middle! mmmm. discontinued, i think.

Raisin Wheats! You can still get them in merrie olde England....e
You can get all sorts of crazy fun inside these days as well, including apricot and cranberry depending on what supermarket you shop at.

Quote:
after they pull a 4:20, these college hipsters are jonesing for the Leprechaun.

I'm not sure why, but this made me laugh a great deal.

As far as cereals go, I'm particularly partial to Golden Nuggets, but I'm also down for straight up Corn Flakes with ice cold milk.

Now I'm making myself hungry.

Also, did anybody else the Sesame Street where they redid "Material Girl" to "Cereal Girl"? I think it was that anyway. I was young and probably tripping off sugary cereals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:28 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
bubbanumber3 wrote:
Damn Celena - you gotta change your Avatar - I can't visit any forums where you post without having some serious fantasies - my wife's gonna get lucky tonite!

okay, changed .. just for you. :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:23 am
Roto JunkieJoined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:03 pmPosts: 255Location: puyallup, wa
wirralquilter wrote:
Quote:
i also used to enjoy this one cereal that my grandparents always had. it's like the mini wheats, only it had fruit filling in the middle! mmmm. discontinued, i think.

Raisin Wheats! You can still get them in merrie olde England....e
You can get all sorts of crazy fun inside these days as well, including apricot and cranberry depending on what supermarket you shop at.

Quote:
after they pull a 4:20, these college hipsters are jonesing for the Leprechaun.

I'm not sure why, but this made me laugh a great deal.

As far as cereals go, I'm particularly partial to Golden Nuggets, but I'm also down for straight up Corn Flakes with ice cold milk.

Now I'm making myself hungry.

Also, did anybody else the Sesame Street where they redid "Material Girl" to "Cereal Girl"? I think it was that anyway. I was young and probably tripping off sugary cereals.

ha! i'm not the biggest raisin fan and that is the only flavor i can ever find now. they used to have stuff like strawberry, raspberry and i think even apple? i can't remember, but they were soooooo good! not too sweet, just right.

and yes!!!!! i knew i wasn't dreaming about the rice krispies cereal. so freaking good. now i want some.

and i haven't tried that chocolate lucky charms yet. the berry does sound pretty gross. unfortunately, chocolate lucky charms just makes me think of......COUNT CHOCULA!!!!!! now that shiz is goooooood.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:54 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
I always wanted all the General Mills cererals...but my Mom always made me pick just one per trip to the store...

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:01 am
Roto JunkieJoined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:03 pmPosts: 255Location: puyallup, wa
grape cereal?!? bleh!
man, they still sell boo berry & frankenberry & count chocula! but only during halloween. still, though. i've stocked up onn chocula before. yum.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:03 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
This makes me laugh...

all from...
Cereal Box Archive

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:06 am
melissery wrote:
grape cereal?!? bleh!
man, they still sell boo berry & frankenberry & count chocula! but only during halloween. still, though. i've stocked up onn chocula before. yum.

I don't remember the grape very well, but I loved me some Crazy Cow!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:54 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:39 am
Choco "Crack" - that's very fitting...

Kirby - those boxes bring back memories - back in the day, my mom wouldn't allow us to get "colored" cereal - there was some scare with red dye number 10 or something...

C - you gotta stop it with those avatars!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:37 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:55 pmPosts: 237Location: Boston
Wow kirby, thanks for the memories this morning!

I got a sugar rush looking at those boxes. We didn't have Crazy Cow, the grape cereal, or Fruite Brute out here to my knowledge...

but man I used to love me some Chocula! Anyone remember that contest they ran on Saturday morning cartoons years ago? They would announce winning game pieces on TV...I would sit there for five hours eating bowl after bowl of that stuff waiting for them to call out my card number :-D

These days I do Frosted Flakes, or Rice Krispies with a little sugar. I'd love to try some of those healthy cereals, but they all have nuts in them and I'm allergic so...no healthy for me! :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:39 am
Roto FriendJoined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 pmPosts: 52Location: brooklyn
dry honey combs and as i age, raison bran.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:26 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:35 amPosts: 144Location: London, UK
bubbanumber3 wrote:
Geoff - that sounds way to healthy - I'll bet your colon is in top shape!!!

I couldn;t possibly comment :eek: :lol:

Maz - i'll get you some Apple Jacks on my trip to NYC in a few weeks