<  Everything Else  ~  Really off-topic - what's your favorite cereal?!?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:52 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:17 pmPosts: 1019Location: Belfast
g force wrote:
Maz - i'll get you some Apple Jacks on my trip to NYC in a few weeks

aw thanx G!!!! :D top man!
i'll write you a shopping list! *just kidding!* :razz:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:40 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
As a Kid we were hardly ever allowed to have colored cereal as well... Frosted Flakes and Honey Nut Cheerios is about as wild and crazy as it got... once in a while I was allowed Fruit Loops but not very often.

Then when I got to collage I think I tried every freaking cereal there was in the span of a month...hmmm no wonder I gained the Freshman 15.

:D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:14 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:09 pmPosts: 378Location: SFO
rotokirby wrote:
I always wanted all the General Mills cererals...but my Mom always made me pick just one per trip to the store...

sir grapefellow? that RULES! I have NEVER heard of that. General Mills, I salute you.

Last edited by phoneticontrol on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:04 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
^ that grape cereal looks heave-alicious, but as a kid i know i would've wanted to try it simply b/c it's PURPLE cereal.

i feel bad for those who weren't allowed to have the tooth decaying cereals. it was one of perks of being a kid - eating sugar for breakfast and not worrying about fat grams or calories and never gaining a pound, ha.

oh and regarding eating cereal dry, frosted flakes is the best without moo juice!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:11 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:55 pmPosts: 237Location: Boston
pinkish_hue wrote:
^ that grape cereal looks heave-alicious, but as a kid i know i would've wanted to try it simply b/c it's PURPLE cereal.

i feel bad for those who weren't allowed to have the tooth decaying cereals. it was one of perks of being a kid - eating sugar for breakfast and not worrying about fat grams or calories and never gaining a pound, ha.

oh and regarding eating cereal dry, frosted flakes is the best without moo juice!

Totally agreed on the frosted flakes! I eat them dry at my desk all of the time and get the best looks from my co-workers. Apparently, the majority of the world doesn't eat cereal dry for some reason. :)

Count Chocula and Lucky Charms were favorites as a kid, and also Cocoa Pebbles and plain Captain Crunch, and sometimes the ones with crunchberries.

Fruity Pebbles, on the other hand, were absolutely nauseating. :razz:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:13 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:10 amPosts: 711Location: Buffalo
Pinkish -

I don't think the grape cereal was around when you were a kid - I think it's straight form the 70's if my memory serves correct.

Frosted Flakes leave a freaky aftertaste w/o moo juice IMO :razz:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:39 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
atease wrote:
Totally agreed on the frosted flakes! I eat them dry at my desk all of the time and get the best looks from my co-workers. Apparently, the majority of the world doesn't eat cereal dry for some reason. :)

weirdos! :P

Quote:
Count Chocula and Lucky Charms were favorites as a kid, and also Cocoa Pebbles and plain Captain Crunch, and sometimes the ones with crunchberries.

Fruity Pebbles, on the other hand, were absolutely nauseating. :razz:

oh man, how did i forget cap'n crunch! i still buy it from time to time even though it's extremely crunchy texture tears up your mouth, haha.

fruity pebbles are great! you are trippin'. :-D

bubbanumber3 wrote:
I don't think the grape cereal was around when you were a kid - I think it's straight form the 70's if my memory serves correct.

i was born in the 70's, but love you for thinking i was an 80's baby. :) perhaps it was only a midwest/east coast thing?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:01 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:15 amPosts: 346Location: San Francisco, CA
count chocula and cinnamon life :p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:16 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Cereal Idol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:40 am
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:32 amPosts: 42
w/ milk: basic 4(so, i'm a square. sue me!)

dry: everyone's favourite frosted flakes. they're Grrrrrrreat!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:57 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:07 amPosts: 357Location: Animal Town
i would kill for a fresh box of this:Image

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:15 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:55 pmPosts: 237Location: Boston
Ohhhh PAc Man!!!! I had forgotten about that one! :D

I was at the store last night and found Chocula, BooBerry, and Frankenberry. I was all excited to get some Chocula until I read the ingredients and it had something I can't have :(

Who knew there were nuts in Chocula? :(

There's always Frosted Flakes...speaking of which I think there's a bowl waiting for me right now :razz:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:18 am
Roto JunkieJoined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:03 pmPosts: 255Location: puyallup, wa
yesterday i had cinnamon toast crunch! mmm
and the day before, apple jacks!
now i need something new. hmmmm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:34 am
My favorite cereal are:

1. CoCo Puffs
2.Golden Grahams
3.cap'n crunch
4.Cinnamon toast crunch
5.Raisin bran crunch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:24 pm
User avatarRoto HelperJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:34 amPosts: 157Location: chicago
I think it was rotowhitney who put me on to Milk & Honey Blueberry Pecan granola.

As a kid, I really liked Basic 4, which may well have played a part in my earning my childhood nickname, "Old Lady."

Offline Profile