<  Everything Else  ~  PUSHING DAISIES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:37 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:45 pmPosts: 259
anyone else a fan? it's a great show. watch it so it doesn't get cancelled.

it's delicous dark comedy and the best cast around. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:31 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:32 amPosts: 224Location: Bigger Than a Breadbox
It really is a great show...the supporting characters are especially wonderful.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5093001
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:25 am
the ratings aren't so hot. :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:21 am
User avatarJoined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 amPosts: 20Location: Texas
Great show!

I really hope it doesn't get canceled...

Here's some friendly advice from a dedicated fan over at the PD Message Boards:

addyawesome wrote:
Okay...here it is, plain and simple. Pushing Daisies is going to be cancelled.

It got a 22 episode order last season, but the writer's strike cut it short. This year, there are 13 episodes ordered. They're almost finished producing those. If they don't get more ordered SOON it means our show is done.

Private Practice had the same fate as PD last year, and they've already been picked up for a full season. DSM is in danger too. We need to ban together.

The only way to save the show is to take action! I might be getting a little worked up over a television series, but PD truly is the most original and downright inspiring thing on television.

Here are the steps that we MUST take (if you don't believe me go read Michael Ausiello's EW column...or...any other one that talks abuot PD ratings):

1. Make it your personal goal each week to recommend PD to at least two peole you know. Two people who you know will at least watch it once. If half the viewers do this...that will dramatically increase the ratings. But you must continue it, each and every week get as many people to watch as you can. Pretend this is a presidential campaign and you are getting out the vote. All week - recommend it to everyone.

2. We need to organize a mail-in IMMEDIATELY. For those who have never been a fan of a failing show before (unfortunately I've had my share) intense mailing from fans ahve saved a few shows.

For Pushing Daisies I suggest we each mail in a pie, or a paper daisy. It doesn't have to be a real pie (though that might have more effect), even just a paper cutout. Write the words "SAVE DAISIES" on the pie or the paper daisy and we'll mail them to ABC.

For this to work we must try and mail them so that they arrive at ABC around the same time en masse. This must be taken seriously. If enough people don't do it there's no way our show will survive.

I don't want preferential treatment, I just want ABC to realize the damage the writers strike did and to give us an entire season to try and come back from it.

If you haven't already, go sign the petition in the Save Pushing Daisies thread. Otherwise, we should work on compromising a letter to ABC and begin planning the mail in date!!!!

Come on PD fans!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!

(I know this was a cheesy thread...but please, PD is too good to die so soon)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:05 pm
I will miss it if it is gone. Why can't Bryan Fuller ever catch a break?

I recommend this show to people quite often, but no one wants to jump in at this point they all want to start at the beginning.

PD was doing so well in its first season; it was a bonafide hit! What happened? :rolleyes2: I can't stand another Firefly... or The Inside... or Jake 2.0... or...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:22 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:21 amPosts: 146
I love this show too. I haven't seen this season yet, I have to watch them online because I usually work when it's on. It got a lot of critical acclaim last year but the ratings weren't huge, if it wasn't for the strike it probably wouldn't have been brought back at all. I do hope it sticks around though! It seems like all the best shows get cancelled. Arrested Development was my favorite show of all time. :(

Last edited by dreamattack27 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:42 am
User avatarJoined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:09 pmPosts: 5Location: Chicago
I love it. I think it's a little out there for a lot of primetime network viewers. Did you know they use all stage actors? It feels a lot like the movie "Big Fish". Ok. I shall stop babbling.

Offline Profile