<  Everything Else  ~  Old school roll call

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:21 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:10 amPosts: 711Location: Buffalo
I logged on the other day and noticed that many of the original Rotomafia members have fallen off the face of the earth. Whatever happened to people like Marinaro500, Pinkish Hue, etc.? Are you guys still out there? Are you collecting? Did you get high enough up in the Rotomafia that someone had to have you offed?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Joe (M500) is still an internet legend, but has moved on from toy collecting to other pursuits:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/m500

Pinkish veered off into collecting Blythe a couple years ago.

Peabe moved to California to further pursue his art career but still posts semi-frequently.

LoneCub, agitprop, pock-it-palz and iccdp still post quite a bit.

The rotomafia is still alive and well, but our numbers are somewhat slimmer these days. We have a lot of store regulars that I definitely consider to be part of the group even though they aren't necessarily forum members.

I've considered, from time to time, shutting down the forums because they aren't very active...but I still see a value in them.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:17 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:05 pmPosts: 1055Location: chicago
im still here! i just hide in the shadows =)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:42 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:10 amPosts: 711Location: Buffalo
No - definitely don't shut down the forums...they are still a source of amusement and information...

Wow - Joe really goes to town with the pictures!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:38 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Joe is the Forrest Gump of the internet.
Hate Flashlight Face!

Last edited by iccdp on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:46 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
rotokirby wrote:
I've considered, from time to time, shutting down the forums because they aren't very active...but I still see a value in them.

NOOOOOOO000000ooooooooooo!!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
Now I don't post a lot, but lurk a lot more on the forums. Mostly because I'm busy with other things or lazy, but it's probably the latter. As for collecting, I've never really been getting any new vinyl toys in about a year, as I've gotten into a similar hobby, Warhammer 40K. It' s actually pretty close to this, as you build them and paint them, along with collecting them, ofcourse. However, the main thing is it's a strategy game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:47 pm
User avatarRoto AlumJoined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:24 amPosts: 309Location: chicago
i still lurk quite a bit. but after moving to new orleans where i am without a toy store, its best for me to not look and see what i'm missing...but i still do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
i swing by to see what shellhammer is listening to

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:05 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
I'm currently busy with my graduation project. I will show it around the internet once I am done.

8)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:13 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:00 pmPosts: 20Location: Nashville, TN
I only visit from time to time, but I'd hate to see the forums closed... Maybe I'll post more (and not float behind the scenes as much!)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:56 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Brian Morris wrote:
i swing by to see what shellhammer is listening to
Crap! And I think it's one "M", as I've been corrected, in person back when he sported peyos.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:48 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
iccdp wrote:
Joe is the Forrest Gump of the internet.
Hate Flashlight Face!

:sad:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:31 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:49 pmPosts: 1006Location: chicago, il
i'm still lurking around, just haven't taken the time to post as much as I should. I'm a creep

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:58 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
still here. :D