<  Everything Else  ~  A Lost Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:05 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
If you happen to follow along on Twitter you might know by now that we lost a friend recently. Bart (aka iccdp here and on other toy forums) passed away this week. We're deeply saddened and will really miss our friend. Bart was a good guy and a friend to the Chicago toy and art community that can't be replaced.

Ryan at Formula Werks was kind enough to put a photo up on Flickr and start a sort of online memorial page there, so if you have any comments or remembrances please go there as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/formulawerks/4365853157/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:20 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:22 pmPosts: 434Location: Chicago
I know there's a flickr page up but the roto forum was where I ran into bart (iccdp) the most. Bart was a great dude, someone you just always expect to see- camera and smoke in hand, snapping photos and hanging out. We went up to Milwaukee just about 3 years ago at this time for the Save Huck show. We didn't know where our hotel was and there were NO cabs out. It was freezing (like, F*&*ing COLD!) and we walked around Milwaukee, taking pulls off his bottle of whiskey and drawing skulls on signs until we found the hotel. Thats one of those random ass nights that I'll never forget. Here's a pic of us outside Roto during the Teddy Trooper Show, he brought down all the dental stuff he needed to make a molds of my teeth so he could make me gold fangs. Bart made me gold teeth, thats friggin awesome. I'll miss ya Bart, R.I.P buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:37 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 amPosts: 547Location: Boston, MA
Friend is an understatement. Bart made me feel like I was at home with close friends, while being 1000 miles from home with (at times), total strangers.

Best dude.

Best dude.

RIP buddy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:02 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Deeply saddened at such horrible news.

Bart had a way of telling you EXACTLY how he felt, no matter what he thought your reaction would be.

His sense of humor and sharp wit were amazing.

He was a character that I always looked forward to seeing at Rotofugi.

I'm going to miss his ridiculous comments on my flickr, too!

R.I.P. Bart, I know you are in a much better place (and I don't even believe in that stuff)!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:11 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 538Location: Shitcago
:(

Heaving Mass - Bass
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:52 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
Going to sorely miss Bart.

To joe & pezboys comments, he was direct and kind (if he liked you). Quite the character. He loved his poker, his toys and was never seen without a camera.

I look back on the support, drinks, laughs and the mystery hotwheels he would bring me. Many a good time. Just sad he had to take the last train home soo soon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
i'm really going to miss bart as well!!! he was an awesome guy, and i'm lucky to have had him as a friend.

r.i.p, bart! (i'm going to miss seeing that old school schwinn high plains parked outside of roto.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:42 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 1035Location: Mundelein, IL
Openings won't be the same without him. He was a big part of what I love about Rotofugi.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:38 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:05 pmPosts: 1055Location: chicago
definitely definitely definitely wont be the same.