<  Everything Else  ~  new dr.pepper?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:18 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
did anyone try that crazy new dr.pepper yet? if so, what did you think of it? it doesn't sound like it would be too good. there's too much stuff going on in there.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:37 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
I don't really like Dr Pepper to begin with, so I bought one with a bad attitude. The mix of cherry and vanilla is nice, maybe a bit too sweet, but the aftertaste is still that thick prune juice flavor that I can't handle.

m500 (sucking down diet rockstars all night long)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:44 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
New - Dr. - Pepper - ? Whaaaat?

It is perfect as it is. The pinnacle of what a soft drink should be. Where did you find this "New" Dr. Pepper?

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:01 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
It's widely distributed now. (the fact that I stop at dozens of different truckstops and convenient stores each week, makes me sort of an expert on sodas, energy drinks and "new age" drinks)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:06 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
What, pray tell, is this imposter being called?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:23 pm
Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper (both diet and regular)

It is the first in a series of "Soda Fountain Classics" brought to us by Dr Pepper.
Rumor has it that a chocolate version is next for Spring, and a spice for Fall.

M500

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:02 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
chocolate and spice versions just sound even worse.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:48 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
SPICE sounds delicious! --- remember "like" brand of sodas... it was around in the early-mid 80's I believe... they had a spice version that rocked.

I've been keeping an eye out for the new Dr.P but haven't seen it here in the city yet (jewel, CVS, dominics). Can't wait to try it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:53 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:20 pmPosts: 11Location: Uptown, Chicago
I've been getting into Cockta

I'm pretty sure it's the little ET guy that's doing it for me.
Croatian Cola Rocks........no seriously this stuff tastes like baby aspirin

http://www.croatianmall.com/abco/cockta.htm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:26 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:53 amPosts: 330Location: in the land of taquerias and dollar stores, chicago, illinois.
Chocolate Dr. Pepper??!
Blech. That sounds horrible!! The spice one sounds equally bad, really. I'm not a fan of Dr. Pepper, anyway.

Someone just needs to bring out a good-tasting diet cherry cola. I've been drinking lots of the new Sprite Zero stuff, as it's the only diet soda I actually like.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:41 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:46 amPosts: 113Location: San Francisco, CA
I had some of the Cherry Vanilla...yeah...it tastes more like regular dr pepper...more than diet tastes like regular dr pepper.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:32 pm
Thanks to Marinaro500 for supplying me with sample of this new fangle Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper...

The Verdict: Not Bad....it still tastes like Dr. Pepper; the cherry vanilla flavoring is pretty subtle. Given a choice between a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper and say, a Pepsi, I'd still get the CV Dr. Pepper. But if the original DP was available I'd stick with it.

I'm a Dr. Pepper nerd.

Offline Profile