<  Customs  ~  MidasTouch mini-munny

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:13 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:47 pmPosts: 14Location: Chattanooga, TN
This is my first mini-munny custom i have done, My second ever custom. I have only done a 3" dunny before this one. But this is what i consider to be my first custom, because i didnt really try on my dunny. This one i really thought about the design, then i drew it out then i executed the design how i wanted it to look like, This is the first time i have painted with acrylics, so i have learned alot about painted just with this one project. I still need alot, alot of practice. Painting is always a learning process.

Here it is: It is basically a houndstooth design all over and then it has a big Old English "M" on the head. Then on the back it has the word "Midas" and thats pretty much it.

Please tell me what you think, i would like some constructive criticism.

peace
midas

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:41 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
I really dig the houndstooth and the ears....but the big M is distracting I think.

Great job on that pattern though...man. You and yoink need to collab sometime.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:12 pm
that would be cool, i looked him up, i had seen some of his work before but i didnt know his name.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:11 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
The black and white pattern is wonderful and I like the fact the it doesn't run in the same direction on the body and the head. The big red M is fitting addition. I enjoy the size of it as well which makes use of the munny being an object instead of a flat surface. In my opinion the ears are much more distracting than the big 'M'. They don't make sense compared to the rest. The pattern on your munny is rather rigid and the ears now look a bit like you had the fear that without some extra color your custom might look boring or too simple.

With all that being said, please keep on doing customs you're quite well on your way with this one.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:40 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat May 12, 2007 2:32 amPosts: 61Location: Mukilteo, WA
wow looks like a lot of hours went into this...it paid off...you did an excellent job...

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:13 pm
it did take me quite a long time to do, but it was my first time actually painting a custom with brushes and acrylic paint, so i took my time. thanks for the compliments.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:55 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:12 pmPosts: 132Location: Mid-West
Whoa! There some serious time and patience in this one. Nicely done! :cool: