<  Customs  ~  From Russia With Love - WIP (updated Friday 10.17.2008)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
I’ve taken stabs at sculpting in the past but it has never been really serious nor successful. This is about to change and I present you with my first sculpt that will be realized into a full blown multi-part resin cast which will be released in less than two months from now. Keep tuned for further updates as I reveal further details.

Last edited by [ idle. ] on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:06 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:32 amPosts: 224Location: Bigger Than a Breadbox
That looks wonderful, can't wait to see the finished product. It's a great use of forms and plane relations...so cool...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5093001
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:11 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Looks great Daniel. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:26 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:59 amPosts: 160
Looking cool! What's that you're sculpting with? I'm always on the look-out for different sculpting materials.

I'm really digging the form and content. Really feeling the Russian Constructivist-y design. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:16 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany

luvyatoo wrote:
Looking cool! What's that you're sculpting with? I'm always on the look-out for different sculpting materials.

I'm really digging the form and content. Really feeling the Russian Constructivist-y design. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Update. Yay. Most of the sculpting work, except for a few little details, is done and the next thing will be the production of the molds for the different parts...

@ luvyatoo: The clay I am working with is called "autostyle light". I think it is one of the products from Chavant Clay. I like it because it is very firm yet light.

In other news: The toy will be released in the second week of November.

Also (I hope this is ok to post here): You can pre-order the toy and/or support this project by donating via fundable.com