<  Customs  ~  netzwerk - new line of resin toys - updated 01 07 09

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:51 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
Karl Diesel and Jilian West posing.

If you want to know more follow me on twitter or flickr.

8)

Last edited by [ idle. ] on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:30 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
No replies here? Lol.

Well, here is a compressed update from the last weeks with pictures and all. Let me know what you think.

As you can see this is going to be a set of four different figurines. Every toy will come with its own unique packing.

More soon.

;)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:24 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:26 pmPosts: 45Location: Baltimore
Your sculpting skills are tight. Slick looking pieces. There seems to be a lot of back story to these pieces that would be helpful to know (maybe i'm the only person who doesn't). Not that it's necessary but I feel that it could really raise my level of interest/appreciation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:38 pm
User avatarRoto HelperJoined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:03 pmPosts: 81Location: Chicago
Wow! These are lookin' sweet!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:10 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:59 amPosts: 160
Holy hell. These are awesome!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:08 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:22 pmPosts: 434Location: Chicago
WOW!!! :eek:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:57 am
Wow, thanks for all the good words, people. I am happy to hear that you enjoy these as much as I do.

I thought I'd post some more pictures of the packing design. In this case you are looking at a part of the backside of the box art of Jilian West.

If you want to see more just follow the link in my signature to my flickr account. All the panels of the packaging will be revealed in this month. Two panels per day. A bit like a serialized story.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:40 am
User avatarRoto TormentorJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 pmPosts: 604Location: Southern WI
Dude. Those are gorgeous!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zook360/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:52 am
Zook, thanks a lot. Glad you like these.

Here is another little teaser.Parts are being cast at the moment for later assembly and painting....

More pics are going to come this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:53 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:34 pmPosts: 90Location: chicago & detroit
I think you're my hero right now.
Amazing work.

Do you have some sort of ventilation room or set up? I want to do more casting but since leaving college i fear for my health. Silicone is one not so bad thing, but urethane is pretty bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:38 pm
euchalik wrote:
I think you're my hero right now.
Amazing work.

Do you have some sort of ventilation room or set up? I want to do more casting but since leaving college i fear for my health. Silicone is one not so bad thing, but urethane is pretty bad.

Thanks a lot. You flatter me.

Since this is my graduation project I am still working at the university without having to fear of ruining my health by working in my own apartment. But you're bringing up a topic that I will have to think about pretty soon. Oh, and no, I don't own a ventilation set up. I'm thinking about renting a studio space.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:07 pm
A first look at Taro Kern vs. a ruler vs. my hand as an anthropomorphic scale. Blank resin parts FTW.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:03 pm
It's official. I invite everyone to join me for the presentation and graduation of my humble self on Monday, July 13th at 11:00 am in the Documenta Exhibition Building.

8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:05 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:45 pmPosts: 259
If only I could make it to Germany this July. Great stuff! They remind me of the awesome SCUD the disposable assassin comic!

Specifically, SCUD's arch-enemy Jeff:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:22 pm
gavsy wrote:
If only I could make it to Germany this July. Great stuff! They remind me of the awesome SCUD the disposable assassin comic!

Specifically, SCUD's arch-enemy Jeff:

Scud is one of the coolest and funniest comics I've ever read. Definitely one of my favorites. Thanks for the compliment.