<  Other Announcements  ~  JLed Firecat/Snow Bunny/Ice Cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:27 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
The JLed Situation

While we still don't have a confirmed date for release on these, by what we've seen around and about it looks like delivery of these are imminent.

It's wonderful to have a product like these Wheaty Wheat JLed toys that are in extreme demand, but it also presents us some problems. When we originally ordered these back in May, the hype (much deserved hype, btw) that surrounds Joe's artwork and toys wasn't at near the levels it is now. We couldn't accurately predict how many of each figure to order, and being a higher priced toy, we opted for what we thought, at the time, was enough: 8 each of the sno and ice versions and 16 each of the regular versions. Time has proven our calculations to be oh-so-wrong!

One of the defining guidelines we try to operate our business on is one of fairness. We want to be as fair as possible with our customers because we believe, in the end, that you will respect us and want to do business with us. That means offering these figures, for which demand exceeds supply by an amazing amount, at or near the original MSRP even though we could go higher, and still sell them. It also means that we won't be playing favorites even though we have many, many good customers and friends that would like these figures...it just wouldn't be fair to everyone who wants these.

So, here's the plan...we will institute a lottery system for all of the remaining JLed toys minus a couple that we agreed to hold for customers whom we owed favors to.

In the end, 15 Ledbetter Fire-Cats will be available for purchase to the winners of the lottery, drawn at random. Similarly, we will have 7 Sno-Bunnies and 8 Ice Cats available by lottery.

DO NOT EMAIL ME NOW ASKING TO BE IN THE LOTTERY....I will post the details a little later for everyone to see. :)

So, why is this in the "Ask Rotofugi" section? Well, we really trust and like our forum members and really value your opinion. So, let's hear some feedback on this idea before we fully implement it.....

Best,
Kirby

Last edited by rotokirby on Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:34 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
AWESOME

M500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:55 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:08 amPosts: 18
U Guys & Gals R RawkStarZ, seriously I love you. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:56 pm
Fair enough.... :D

keep us posted..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:57 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:19 pmPosts: 49Location: NYC
Sounds great. My chances of getting an ice bunny just went from very very very low to very very low! At least I have some hope though!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:08 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:29 amPosts: 64Location: Southern California
Great idea. 8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:09 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
wow, this thread certainly brings out the newbies and lurkers!!!

WELCOME ALL!!!!!!!
M500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:21 pm
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:14 pmPosts: 33Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Sounds good! :D

(And I'm glad I registered for this forum before this announcement was made, so I don't have to feel like a poser. :) )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:25 pm
These toys are so hot, it'll be interesting to see how many people join this forum in the next 72 hours..

right now--- (11/27/05 - 6:30pm RotoCentral time)
there are 359 members....

The more the merrier!!!!

Cheers
M500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:30 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:34 pmPosts: 80
Sounds fair to me...beats worrying all day when they're going to be placed on the site. Guess it will be left up to the Vinyl Gods.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:35 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:00 amPosts: 73
Cool! Thanks guys for trying to be fair to everyone.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:41 pm
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:49 pmPosts: 17Location: New York
I registered a couple weeks ago, but just never posted. Guess this is as good as time as any to start...sounds like a great idea. I will be watching for more information.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:51 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forums Hobby and anyone else who is de-lurking or new!

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:55 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
Sounds like a plan!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:55 pm
I think its fair. I suppose I would have liked it if there were some allocated to locals, who frequent the "brick and mortar" though. Also, will there be separate lotteries for the different figures, or will it be one big list? I guess what I'm asking is, are we only given a shot to purchsae just one through you guys? All in all, I think this shows that you guys do fair business. I hope the vinyl stars are aligned for me :)