<  Other Announcements  ~  I have a Secret....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:07 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
brainiak wrote:
ohh i got it...monday and monday only 50% all regular priced items at the rotofugi online store!!! :eek: :D

*using bigfoot truck announces voice*

MONDAY! MONDAY! MONDAY!......... ROTOFUGI ANNOUCES....

*back to normal voice*

I wish I could say, but I can't .... not til monday

I am thinking that the announcement will be made around noonish... I haven't decided yet... not sure... will let you know more about that later.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:06 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:00 amPosts: 78Location: Sydney, Australia
Rotofugi has decided to expand into the relatively unchartered market of Australia and now Darky won't have to pay so much to ship all his desired collectables down under ? ;D

Darky loves speaking in third person.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:35 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:05 pmPosts: 91Location: Melbourne - Australia
Darky - we all know we need a decent vinyl shop down in Oz world. It will be so much cheaper for you to ship from Melbourne to Sydney than Chicago to Sydney!! You know such a store would HAVE to be located in Melbourne!! :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:40 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:00 amPosts: 78Location: Sydney, Australia
moriachi wrote:
Darky - we all know we need a decent vinyl shop down in Oz world. It will be so much cheaper for you to ship from Melbourne to Sydney than Chicago to Sydney!! You know such a store would HAVE to be located in Melbourne!! :lol:

Hah, well there are some pseudo modern arty street funky shops around in Darlinghurst in the city here in Sydney but they're such a pain to find. I've got a list of shops to check out so I should really reserve my judgement on the scene here in Sydney and AU in general but I definitely think there's room for a dedicated retailer in vinyl and associated areas ala Rotofugi in Sydney AND Melbourne :D I think it's probably only a matter of time ..

P.S Melbourne would probably be better suited but Sydney is where it's at ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:10 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
is the toy scene in australia fairly large?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:56 am
pinkish_hue wrote:

I wouldn't say fairly large, I might leave this one up to one of the other aussies on the board who have probably had more experience with this hobby in Australia.

I was collecting trading figures for Naruto which sort of got me into this vinyl hobby, and there are quite a few trading figure/asian vinyl shops but western vinyl is hard to come by imo.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:26 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:05 pmPosts: 128Location: UK
w00oo only 1 more sleep until the secret is no longer a secret :-D :p

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:00 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
cannonqee wrote:
w00oo only 1 more sleep until the secret is no longer a secret :-D :p

:D :D You should even be able to wake up to the news, becasue it will probably be announced around 5am your time.

How exciting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:58 am
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
1 more sleep :D !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:52 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:19 pmPosts: 49Location: NYC
Its always fun to wake up to a surprise. Unfortunately in this hobby most of the surprises are hearing that a toy went on sale when you werent near a computer or an "out of stock" email. Im thinking this will be a nice surprise though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:27 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Tue May 24, 2005 2:53 pmPosts: 144
Pink as my future wife I demand u use ur charm and position within this establishment to find out! But im guessin, Baby?

mimic :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:54 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
mimic wrote:
Pink as my future wife...

Sounds like another secret to me. :lolo:

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:05 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:05 pmPosts: 91Location: Melbourne - Australia
pinkish_hue wrote:

Not really, at least I don't know anyone personaly who collects toys. Like Darky said, there are some galleries and artsy clothing stores who carry some odd pieces. The stuff they stock sells so there must be a decent enough crowd buying it. I haven't come across a dedicated store over here though and prices are generally expensive (without taking postage into account I saved $100 Aus on buying Harvey, Jubs and In-Crowd Wrestlers set from Rotofugi).
I'm also finding it's easier to get bootlegs of some artists than the real thing!! I have never seen a Labbit in the flesh, but found bootleg Labbit's the other day!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:09 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
rotokirby wrote:
mimic wrote:
Pink as my future wife...

Sounds like another secret to me. :lolo:

last week (on another board), mimic and i decided to get married though he's yet to find me a proper engagement ring. apparently there is a gorgeous monsterism ring out there somewhere, so i'm waiting for that. we basically want to merge our collections. and i, personally, want free customs which he will no doubt provide for his loving wife. it might be difficult having a long distance marriage, but we're both posting whores who will no doubt keep in touch via posts, PMs, and email. :p

p.s. thanks to darky + moriachi for your responses. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:13 pm
Romance blossoms on the board :~) !

Can we see pics of the collection when they're merged? :P

I'm about to commence a mass cleanup in my bedroom to make room for a display cabinet, why in the bedroom you ask? So I can wake up and cuddle my vinyl when I have a bad dream! ;)

Offline Profile