<  Other Announcements  ~  Camille Rose Garcia Issues

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:43 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
This hurts us, but it had to be done....this warning now appears on our online store regarding the new Camille Rose Garcia figures...

NOTE: Due to the design of these figures, they do NOT stand well on their own. Please be aware of this if you plan on purchasing this item. It may require a stand or strong adhesive on the feet to remain in a standing position. We will not offer replacements or refunds on any of these figures purchased after 12/26/05.

I still love the design and think these are amazing sculpts. They LOOK great, they just don't stand up.

Anyone who purchased CRG figures from us who has issues and wants to return their figures please PM or email me and we'll get you taken care of.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:16 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
For soft vinyl figures of that size to be absolutely perfect, the cost would be much, much higher. I am a fan of CRG and also a fan of these figures. They ROCK...

unfortunately they rock side to side, too!!!!

nothing a little adhesive won't fix (just like Bunny Duck!)

M500

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:24 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:09 pmPosts: 165Location: St. Louis, MO
That's a shame they didn't do a little better job with weighting these guys, expecially based on the reactions to Bunnyduck and other recently released unstable toys.

I do agree with everyone that these are some of the best looking toys ever made, but I have decided against them due to size. I've had a hard time figuring out how to display the larger items I've purchased in the past, and figured I would have had the same issue with these. I would have like to have seen these in an 8" version that better fits with my current collection.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:26 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 amPosts: 547Location: Boston, MA
Well, at least the boxes are pretty cool...and they probably don't fall over.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:44 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
pezboy wrote:
Well, at least the boxes are pretty cool...and they probably don't fall over.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hahah that was great!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:42 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Yes, very stable boxes. :lol: 8)

And, I want to re-iterate, very cool toys...they just require a little patience and strategically placed poster-tack to stay upright...I think we've found the right balance for our store displays. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:06 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 amPosts: 547Location: Boston, MA
For 60 bucks, it should stand up...and not require anything sticky. I'm glad now that I took that pre-order cash and put it toward another Spacebot. :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:00 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
i'm surprised that the balance issue doesn't happen more often than it does with 3-D vinyl toys that try to stay faithful to the pre-established 2-D artworks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:50 pm
veggiesomething wrote:
i'm surprised that the balance issue doesn't happen more often than it does with 3-D vinyl toys that try to stay faithful to the pre-established 2-D artworks.

Nail
----
Head

That's usually when there's a problem....attempting to be completely faithful to a work that was never designed to be 3D, per se.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:54 pm
rotokirby wrote:
That's usually when there's a problem....attempting to be completely faithful to a work that was never designed to be 3D, per se.

I felt the same way with Mario 64. Oh wait, Mario 64 completely rocked my face off! This vinyl...not so much. :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:57 pm
pezboy wrote:
rotokirby wrote:

I felt the same way with Mario 64. Oh wait, Mario 64 completely rocked my face off! This vinyl...not so much. :p

Mario 64 made me ill. These toys don't, at least now that I've been through..."They stand fine...crap, they don't stand at all....wait, now I've got it figured out!..."...after all that I still like them...just a tiny little bit of ennui mixed with my joy, that's all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:06 am
rotokirby wrote:
Mario 64 made me ill.

That game was too good not to play. Dramamine is your friend. I put so many hours into trying to get up on top of the castle, because I saw some (probably photoshopped) pic of Mario up there in some gaming mag.

I like them...I'd like the set - but you roped me into these Spacebots.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:17 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
i'm really surprised and saddened to hear that these dolls are having these issues. i finally got to take my set out of their gorgeous boxes (i like them almost as much as the dolls) and display them in my cabinets on christmas day. i must have lucked out and got a great set b/c none of mine have trouble standing at all. even the two-headed sadie + katie stand well despite the left foot not completely being "flat-footed." i've been warned by a few people that they experienced no problems in the beginning either, but did after some time passed. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that remain stable. i'll post photos later tonight.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:21 pm
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:51 pmPosts: 1Location: Montclair, NJ
I wish these had been a little smaller, maybe 8 to 10". That might have solved the problem, and they would fit in better with my collection. They're just a little too big.

-g-

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:31 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
i thought the same thing when they first came out (about the size) and wasn't going to purchase them solely for that reason. but when i was finally able to see them in person, i saw that the size complimented them perfectly. i don't think they'd have as much of an impact if they were on a smaller scale, though i'm sure it would've helped with the balance issue.

Offline Profile