<  Other Announcements  ~  Tim Biskup Signing TONIGHT Tim Biskup Signing Party TONIGHT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:22 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Just in case someone didn't already know.....

Tim Biskup Signing Party TONIGHT
Saturday, January 28, 2006 -- 6pm-8pm

DJ Clayton Counts and complimentary beverages.
Tim will be signing his new Rotofugi X Kidrobot Shared Exclusive 8-inch Dunny, "Acid Head." 100 pieces of this extremely cool and massively sought-after toy will be available for purchase at the signing.

The new "Alpha Riot" print will also be available at the signing.

Please note that Rotoufugi will be closed from 5pm until 6pm to make preparations for the signing.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:17 pmPosts: 9Location: Milwaukee
Kirby, getting ready to leave Milwaukee in a little bit...any suggestion as to what time would be good to show up? I know Kidrobot LA said the line started forming around 4?...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:19 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:05 pmPosts: 128Location: UK
damn! I wish i lived in Chicago :p Evrybody have a good time at the Signing Party! :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:20 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
DannyDesign wrote:
Kirby, getting ready to leave Milwaukee in a little bit...any suggestion as to what time would be good to show up? I know Kidrobot LA said the line started forming around 4?...

Maybe try swinging by early afternoon, make sure there's no line forming...and come back at 4 or 5. Honestly though, I hate to tell you anything, I really don't know what's going to happen... :eek: :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:20 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:50 amPosts: 141
Leaving from GR in about an hour!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:13 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
have fun everyone! hope everything goes smoothly for you, kirby + whitney! i'm sure the party will be a blast. :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:18 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:16 pmPosts: 118Location: Glasgow, Scotland
and I'll second pinkish's comments - all the best for a great night everyone - wish I could be there :)

^A^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:35 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:46 pmPosts: 63Location: cali
You've been some busy bees. Sounds like someones going to sleep like a rock tonight!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:28 pm
Whitney & Kirby!

Thanks for today! Great fun...hope you didn't mind me loafing around the place for the better part of 6 hours...you're both gracious hosts...till February then, enjoy the bacon.

Dan

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:37 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:40 amPosts: 148Location: Ohio
thanks again whitney and kirby!
well worth the two hour wait outside and the six hour drive. haha
im off to some italian place now.

ill post pics of my stuff when i get home...
got a sweet munny for my girl and me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:17 am
Tim did a Munny for me as well - damn thing is smeared to hell...is there anything you know of that can I can use to 1) Clean some of the smears, and 2) Spray on it that will perserve the illustration?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:15 pm
DannyDesign wrote:
Tim did a Munny for me as well - damn thing is smeared to hell...is there anything you know of that can I can use to 1) Clean some of the smears, and 2) Spray on it that will perserve the illustration?

I'm not 100% on this, so maybe test it on the most inconspicuous part you can find...but I'd try rubbing alcohol and Qtips...

Once you get it clean and let it sit and dry for awhile I'd hit it with a clear coat of matte (or gloss, your preference) acrylic varnish. Krylon makes a good one.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:40 pm
DannyDesign wrote:

Aha, so it was you, Danny, that was 1st in line! Wow, that was some dedication!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:13 pm
George? Camera George? Ha! I made a connection! You don't happen to double as Geo on the Kidrobot board do you?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:03 pm
DannyDesign wrote:
George? Camera George? Ha! I made a connection! You don't happen to double as Geo on the Kidrobot board do you?

That would be me... :)