<  Other Announcements  ~  190 North

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:27 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
Ok.. all of you Chicago based Friends of Rotofugi. We are going to be featured on 190 North this coming Sunday Night at 10:30 on ABC. So, set your Tivos and tell your friends. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:45 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
Coolio I hope I don't missss it !! :eek:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:48 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:41 pmPosts: 25Location: Chicago
i'm watching!!! :-D :-D :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:55 pm
User avatarJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:38 pmPosts: 1Location: Chicago
that was cool! congrats :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:00 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
how 'bout that gas station. I see a field trip in my future.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:30 am
User avatarRoto DorkJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:05 pmPosts: 165Location: tampa / chicago
*wah*

I never see the cool stuff....

:sad:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:49 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
robschwager wrote:
*wah*

I never see the cool stuff....

:sad:

We're gonna see if they'll give us a digital file to serve from our server for awhile...

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:18 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
that was the hip-est 190 ever! good job guys!

oh, don't forget to send a copy to nakanari - i assume that you guys tivo-ed it. it would be suduper cool if you do get a digital file too as birdy and bug can then see it too without having to do the whole ntsc to pal conversion thing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:45 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Thanks to our good friend Stephan (whose name I'm probably spelling wrong) we got our hands on a DVD copy of our 190 North appearance from this past Sunday. Four hours later I've managed to figure out how to rip and compress said segment down to a somewhat manageable size for 'net viewing....and here's the link:

http://rotofugi.com/movies/rotofugi190north.html

:D

It'll also be re-broadcast this coming Sunday (April 3) at 11am...ABC Channel 7 in Chicago.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:51 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
thanks for uploading the video, kirby! it was a fairly long segment. congrats on the air-time! it was nice for people like me (who live on the west coast) to be able to see you and your fabulous store.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:15 am
User avatarRoto IdolJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:07 pmPosts: 286Location: KC
What a gret little spot there! Congrats!!
*and yippee! my stuff was in it!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:28 am
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:43 pmPosts: 22Location: NYC and Long Island
AWESOME! That was a great segment guys, congrats! I didn't know you were the first designer toys store in chicago AND the only one, even more props! :-D

and kirby, "everyday i fight growing up", EXACTLY, how i feel. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:36 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:03 pmPosts: 309Location: Mississippi
THANK YOU SO MUCH KIRBY FOR POSTING THE VID!!! I'm so glad you guys are getting exposure. Everytime I tell people I collect designer toys they look at me with a confused expression on their face. Now, I can pass this vid along to show them what I mean! (Don't worry, I saved it so I won't kill your bandwidth) Very cool! Keep on rockin'! :cool:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:13 am
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:01 amPosts: 41Location: Brooklyn, NYC
great little piece! thanks for putting it up. did anyone wonder in after it and tell them they only came in because they saw the spot?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:29 pm
AndrewBell wrote:
great little piece! thanks for putting it up. did anyone wonder in after it and tell them they only came in because they saw the spot?

We've had quite a few people say they came because they saw us on TV. Good news is that the piece runs again tomorrow morning. :D

Offline Profile