<  Other Announcements  ~  Rotofugi Trans-American Street Team!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:02 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
We're excited to announce the first ever Rotofugi Trans-American Street Team will be taking off from Chicago in a couple months...

What's that mean?

In short, friend-of-Rotofugi Ira and his girl Andrea are heading out for a year-long ride around America on nothing but sweat, determination and a couple bikes. Not being very good on bicycles ourselves, we've taken this opportunity to live vicariously and have thrown together a sponsorship for Ira and Andrea and in return they'll be spreading the RotoLove all over the country.

Check out the Bike Tour 2K6 blog!

Ira promises lots of photos and updates...this should be a blast!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:21 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
awesome! We all should try and help out with meals when they are near our cities, or near friends or families.

What an awesoem adventure!!!

M500

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:59 pm
User avatarRoto TormentorJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 pmPosts: 604Location: Southern WI
Marinaro500 wrote:
awesome! We all should try and help out with meals when they are near our cities, or near friends or families.

What an awesoem adventure!!!

M500

Definitely! If there's a list to be made, you can count us in!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zook360/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:21 am
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:20 pmPosts: 16Location: Skokie, IL
gluck to them!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:55 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:09 pmPosts: 165Location: St. Louis, MO
I always wanted to do a long multi state ride, but an entrie year is out of control. Unfortunately my road and mountain bikes have been pretty idle over the last couple of years and my waist line is proof of that.

Not sure what their schedule is, but if they end up in St. Louis looking for a place to crash, let me know. Any friends of the Roto's are freinds of mine.

Good Luck!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:18 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:27 pmPosts: 95Location: Boston
I'd love to buy them a few drinks when they come to Boston! I love riding my bike, I wish I could do it for a year straight ^_^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:44 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
wow, this is incredible! what a great idea and awesome way (though tiring) to see our country! i send best wishes of good health and endurance. good luck! we're all rooting you both on!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:03 am
Thanks for the support! We are very excited and and busy, as we are in the home stretch of the planning effort. A ride like this has always been a dream of ours, and while it will be difficult, I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. We are very happy that Rotofugi has taken interest in our trip, and are looking forward to the sticker project. Please follow our weblog in the upcoming months for updates, keep an eye on this thread for the start of the photos, and PM me with your contact info if you are interested in hosting/buying us beers when we come through your town. We will be passing through rural areas as well as urban, so don't be shy about offering a back yard to pitch our tent in! Thanks again, we'll be in touch.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:57 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Ira and Andrea are on the road!

Check out the blog!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:00 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
thanks, kirby. just bookmarked it. i was wondering about these two just the other day. :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:33 pm
Just a heads up and a reminder to keep checking...Ira and Andrea have been out on the road for awhile now and it looks like they're having a fantastic time...I'm jealous 'cause I never leave the block where we live (conveniently located across the street from the store).

Offline Profile