<  Other Announcements  ~  What do YOU want?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:40 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
So...we're knee-deep in re-designing our online store to be more customer friendly, and hopefully, faster....the final re-design, at face value, won't be shockingly different, but should make it easier to navigate and find what you're looking for...so....

Are there any features you'd like to see?

I can't guarantee we'll implement everyone's suggestions, but I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas for improvement and we'll see what we can do.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:53 amPosts: 330Location: in the land of taquerias and dollar stores, chicago, illinois.
A WISHLIST! :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:07 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Post your wishlist here. Or you want to be able to save a wishlist? What? :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:35 am
Roto JunkieJoined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:03 pmPosts: 255Location: puyallup, wa
i have to say, i kinda like the wishlist idea. just a seperate list from a cart type deal.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:49 am
Hmmm....

Any other ideas?

We're already planning lots of new navigation features like the ability to view by either artist name or manufacturer name. Another new feature will be the ability to view ALL items in a particular category on one page...good if you've got high-speed internet access and hate going from page to page (thank iccdp for this suggestion).

We'll also be introducing on a trial basis a Pre-Order category. It'll be a deposit scenario.

There will be an integrated news section (like a blog) and a (hopefully) up-to-date Coming Soon list.

Otherwise, the big change will be the underlying platform that it all runs on which, with any luck, will be faster than our current system.

I'll luck into the logistics of adding a wishlist system and we'll do it if we can.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:05 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:06 amPosts: 127Location: ireland
I like the idea of deposit based pre-orders!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:08 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
Subscription service?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:27 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:15 amPosts: 346Location: San Francisco, CA
hey kirby, if you're changing the news, can you add an RSS feed? also, if you could put images with product search results, that would be killer. best of luck getting everything reconfigured! :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

cheers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:27 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Prescription service?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:46 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
Marinaro500 wrote:
Prescription service?

He killed those emails earlier this week.

:sad:

A RSS feed for new items in the store would be nice. A "new posts since list visit" link in the forums would be cool too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:04 pm
All good ideas....we'll see what we can do...

But a subscription service? Exactly how would that work? I suppose I could hook people up with direct deposit and just ship you one of everything new that comes in stock.:P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:34 pm
rotokirby wrote:
But a subscription service? Exactly how would that work? I suppose I could hook people up with direct deposit and just ship you one of everything new that comes in stock.:P

Well, that is kind of what I do now........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:37 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:53 amPosts: 330Location: in the land of taquerias and dollar stores, chicago, illinois.
Yeah, a Wishlist, sort of like what Amazon.com has. Sorry, it was a terribly vague suggestion!

:)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:57 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
i like the idea of viewing all items on one page. :)

how about real time inventory a la 3DRetro's website? it's nice being able to see how many items are in stock. or would that require a completely different platform?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:12 pm
pinkish_hue wrote:
i like the idea of viewing all items on one page. :)

how about real time inventory a la 3DRetro's website? it's nice being able to see how many items are in stock. or would that require a completely different platform?

Our inventory is, more or less, realtime as it is (and will continue to be) but it's tricky for us because we've got a physical store as well.

Regardless, I'm not a big fan of showing how many of something we have...it can discourage people from getting something if they see we have a lot (although it can also encourage people to buy something if they think we're almost out)....anyway, the new format will have a lot more information available to customers and that's one bit I think we can do without. I think we'll still show "Low Stock" for items that are really low anyway, so that takes care of it for the most part.

Offline Profile