<  Other Announcements  ~  What do YOU want?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:19 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
rotokirby wrote:
pinkish_hue wrote:
i like the idea of viewing all items on one page. :)

how about real time inventory a la 3DRetro's website? it's nice being able to see how many items are in stock. or would that require a completely different platform?

Our inventory is, more or less, realtime as it is (and will continue to be) but it's tricky for us because we've got a physical store as well.

Regardless, I'm not a big fan of showing how many of something we have...it can discourage people from getting something if they see we have a lot (although it can also encourage people to buy something if they think we're almost out)....anyway, the new format will have a lot more information available to customers and that's one bit I think we can do without. I think we'll still show "Low Stock" for items that are really low anyway, so that takes care of it for the most part.

makes sense. it is sort of a double-edge sword. like you said, it can discourage AND encourage customers to buy (or not buy) a certain item. personally, i find knowing the numbers more encouraging. but i understand your point of view. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:23 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:37 pmPosts: 87
There's always room for improvement, but for all the online vinyl stores out there, Roto is the smoothest, best behaved website I've used (and that incl's the 'big one' in NYC).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:44 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:53 amPosts: 330Location: in the land of taquerias and dollar stores, chicago, illinois.
Agreed. I like the Rotofugi shop website, I find it fairly easy to navigate and the checkout is pretty simple.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:31 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Thanks guys...we're going for "evolution" not "revolution" from a user perspective...although the back end is gonna be completely different. :)

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:41 pm
Here's another vote for a save-able wishlist. As someone very new to the scene I browse through so much stuff, it would be nice to keep track of what I really liked. But overall I think the site is great the way it is!!!

Thanks,
Carlo

Wow my first post!!! :D :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:40 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Welcome Carlo! ;)

We're going to try to get a wishlist worked into the equation somehow. Kind of a way for you to bookmark stuff and come back and check it later...or something like that. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:16 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Because I have all of my pre-prepared meals delivered to my house now, all I really go to the store for is shaving cream, mach III razors, bottled water, soap, deoderant and apples...

If you can add those to the Rotofugi store, this would simplify my life.

thanks,
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:14 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:16 pmPosts: 51Location: Philippines
I agree. A wishlist would be awesome.

And just a thought, regarding shipping, is it possible to have the customer choose the shipping option?

Like if we're ok with regular shipping then that's fine but addicts like me, who sorta want their toy NOW, we could maybe choose overnight courier or some such...

Like I said, it's just a thought. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:46 am
aykonayan wrote:
I agree. A wishlist would be awesome.

And just a thought, regarding shipping, is it possible to have the customer choose the shipping option?

Like if we're ok with regular shipping then that's fine but addicts like me, who sorta want their toy NOW, we could maybe choose overnight courier or some such...

Like I said, it's just a thought. :)

You are always free to call or email the store and arrange alternate shipping methods but we probably won't integrate more than we already have into the site (UPS and USPS)....we *could* start offering UPS international, but have you seen the rates? :eek: Global Express (EMS) is definitely the way to go for fast international shipping.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:53 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
If they want to pay the high international rates for UPS, you should let them!

signed,
UPS MAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:55 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:16 pmPosts: 51Location: Philippines
Yeah, what ^--- he said. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:59 am
Marinaro500 wrote:
If they want to pay the high international rates for UPS, you should let them!
signed,
UPS MAN

:lolo: :lol: :lolo: :lol: :lolo:

Seriously though, I've got nothing against UPS, but shipping small packages internationally from the US to the outside world via UPS is not much of an option for anyone....I'm guess, though, that the Phillipines might not be too bad. Seriously, let me know if you ever want to order anything and ship UPS and I'll get you a quote.

And BTW, we'll be carrying Mach3 razors and apples starting next week, but they're blind box.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:04 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
rotokirby wrote:
And BTW, we'll be carrying Mach3 razors and apples starting next week, but they're blind box.

Maybe you can mix them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:14 am
thotfulspot wrote:
rotokirby wrote:

Maybe you can mix them.

They are mixed. There's a Granny Smith Chase and a 1/400 Silver Mach3 Uber-Chase.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:04 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
and the 1/1,000 Mach3 blade in the Granny Smith. Just to keep it interesting.

Offline Profile