<  Other Announcements  ~  Rotofugi Members Only?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:04 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
So, I know this isn't a new idea or anything, but I've been toying (ha!) with the idea of maybe doing a Membership type thing....

For something like $50-60 a member MIGHT get something like the following.

- exclusive T-Shirt
- free toy or discount for every X dollars spent
- first crack at new stuff (anywhere from 1 hr to 1 day advance notice via email - chance to purchase before it is made publicly available online)
- discounted pre-order priviledges when appropriate
- ?

Anyone have any thoughts on something like this? We'd wanna keep it pretty simple, but make it worth joining. We're not really set on doing this, but thought it might be fun.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:35 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:55 pmPosts: 237Location: Boston
I would definitely be down with this!

:D :D

Sounds like a good idea and a lot of fun as well!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:28 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
Would we all get a free pirate smiley tatoo?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:03 am
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
I'm down with this, but aren't you worried about people maybe just signing up to get in on this? Would there be a join date as the cut off or something? P.S. I forgot to mention... Thanks for adding the little pirate smilie on the bottom of the invoice you sent when my sis order that andrew bell shirt :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:57 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 1035Location: Mundelein, IL
For $50-60 I'm in.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:06 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Would we get jackets? that would be really cool to have jackets that said Members Only on it.Image

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:19 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
iccdp wrote:
Would we get jackets? that would be really cool to have jackets that said Members Only on it.Image

Jackets will be leather with a Planet Rotofugi logo on the breast and back.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:35 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
I was pushing for this last winter... but it never happened... but since we are in Chicago where it gets very very cold... I thought we should get thermal undies with the rotofugi logo embrodiered on it..

I initally had this idea for them to be part of a gift basket that we gave to peeps who visited us from warm climates in the dead of winter. Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:55 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat May 27, 2006 12:51 pmPosts: 51Location: FL
Sounds interesting. I'd be sure to check out the details if it was offered. Would it be a limited club admittance? Like only 50 people or something. Someone leaves and you guys offer that spot up...I don't know, that just makes it more interesting to me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:39 pm
Yeah, it'd be limited to maybe 20-25 peeps at a time or something like that with yearly dues.

We're really just scoping out interest and inviting feedback at this point...it wouldn't be implemented until we get our *new and improved* online store up (which is months away at this point)....

Just looking for another way to help out our customers...I think with a discount scenario for members, it could be very worthwhile to join.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:20 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
I rather like the idea of a limted membership. 20 -30 people is a good size for the first year for sure.

hotwheelscollectors.com does a great job of limited membership with a online "club". In addition to early notice, special deals, newletters and annual member only cars, members have a special section within the forums, greater access (supposedly) at Hotwheel conventions and even the opportunity to vote on limited addition colorways on cars. The club is limited to 25,000 members i believe - a small number for the market. Granted it would be hard to pull off some of these executions within the toy community.

if the membership number is capped low - i could see having member annual member exclusives - maybe special colorway plushes, or an inexpensive run of customs by an artist.

---

and let's not forget the secret handshake!

Last edited by Brian Morris on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:21 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:31 pmPosts: 136
i don't post as much on here that much but roto rocks!!! there shipping and customer service is top notch...and even though they sent my tado mad l in the biggest box ever...and i thought they messed up my order and sent me a whole case of mad l's...but it was filled with peanuts!! i forgive them!!

i would def join...do we get speical name tags??

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:23 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:31 pmPosts: 136
when are we going to see an exclusive rotofugi figure!?!?!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:02 pm
Vic wrote:
when are we going to see an exclusive rotofugi figure!?!?!!

Here.

and here...

and here...

and here...

and here (N. American exclusive)

and here (N. American exclusive)

Not to mention the Biskup Acid Head Dunny Shared Exclusive....

...and there are more exclusives on the way! :eek:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:09 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:55 pmPosts: 237Location: Boston
I'm super excited about this. I definitely want to be one of the 20-30 people 8)

Offline Profile