<  Other Announcements  ~  Nathan Jurevicius Signing / Toy Release at Rotofugi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:39 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
From MRS thotfulspot...

Ron got his ankle all cleaned up on Friday and the doc left him with this big fiber cast. While he's doped up on pain meds this week, I'm tring to track down a wheel chair so we can be at the show longer than 10 minutes... otherwise, DIBS on the couch!

If I get him there, can you guys take care of decorating the cast?
I figure his friends at Roto can do a heck of a lot better than me with my scrapbooking pens.

P.S. Ron probably won't be active on the boards for a while. There are about 20 stairs between him and his computers downstairs. The doc is either going to refill his meds or I'm going to be making more trips to the liquor store!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:53 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
hope your feeling/getting better ron.

and darn it all to heck --- I'm going to be out of town over the weekend. I would have loved to get a sketch from Nathan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:44 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Glad Ron is in good hands!

Tell him we wish him a speedy recovery.

J&A

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:18 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
get well soon, ron!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:36 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
Sadly, I don't think I would make it. Unless I learn how to travel using the String Theory, which I don't think will happen. :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:24 pm
Go Rotofugi, and thanks to the most gracious Kirby and Whitney for offering the store for this great signing! There are going to be some nice surprises, and there couldn't be a nicer guy in the world than the illustrious Nathan J.
Emily from our office will be out in Chicago for the show as well, so be sure to say hello if you get a chance. I wish I could make it, but alas... no traveling for me right now... have fun all!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:35 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
TONIGHT!

:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:

Everything is pretty much set up....FYI, the store will be temporarily closed from 5pm until 6pm while we make final preparations for the signing. Thanks and hope to see lots of you here tonight! :)

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:40 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:38 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 1035Location: Mundelein, IL
Thanks for the photos Bart!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:43 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:53 amPosts: 89Location: chee-cau-goh
Thanks for the pics Bart.. coolness.

Great release! Nathan is a smashing lad.. very nice person indeed!
It was a pleasure, thank you. Nice to see/meet every1 as well.

Until next time.. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:33 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
wow, what a great time! Nice Rotomafia turnout last night!

Great to meet Nathan and Emily of Strangeco. My flickr will be updated tonight...

Here is the great Doo-Wop trio known as Nathanimal500, performing their hit song "Scarygirl met Puketo in Joe's Dream" at Cleos.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:49 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
looks like hella good time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:50 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
Great show!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to sign my cast. I'm going to try to get some pictures of the completed piece and post them later.

Ron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:35 pm
User avatarRoto AlumJoined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:24 amPosts: 309Location: chicago
holy crap that was fun. i woke up with caution tape in my pocket? a sure sign of a good night. nicole apologizes to those of you that she may have bitten.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:55 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Wow, last night was awesome! Thanks so much to everyone who came out and showed Nathan some love. ROTOMAFIA!

Major thanks to Strangeco for making a kick-ass toy, Emily for being one of the most RAD chicks I know, LFOP for coming down and chatting us up, DJ Damon for providing the perfect groove, Corey for holding down the gallery, Atomix for the tasty coffee, Ron for providing the coolest canvas for the night (and Laurie for getting him there) and most of all, Nathan for being both an amazing artist and a geniunely fantastic dude to hang out with....we had a great time!

Here's my photos from last night...not very good I'm afraid...

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile