<  Other Announcements  ~  NY Toy Fair 2005 : Updated 2.24.05 -- 2:10 am EST

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:36 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Note, we've posted our final installment of photos....thanks for looking. Also big thanks to everyone at Toy Fair, we had a great time!

---

Just an FYI, Whitney and I will be heading out to NYC for the American International Toy Fair this coming Saturday-Thursday.

We're taking the camera and portable gear and plan on posting photos and such while we are there...

In our abscence, Tobias ( http://www.oddbabies.com )will be manning the store and the online orders, so if you stop by or order, be sure to say hi to him!

Last edited by rotokirby on Thu May 05, 2005 10:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:38 am
User avatarRoto TormentorJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 pmPosts: 604Location: Southern WI
Have fun. Travel safe.

Stop by and say hi to the SaiZon crew for me!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zook360/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:56 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Our first night in NY. The Toy Fair proper has not yet begun, but we did attend a party at Yoyamart in NYC for the wonderful James Jarvis.

Funny, he wasnt't signing toys, but rather doing an amazing full page drawing for anyone that would stand in line....

Here's the drawing he did for us!

The other cool thing about the party, which was essentially a pre-toy fair reception, was that we got to meet with Eddi Yip of Adfunture Workshop; Jim, Greg and Emily of Strangeco; Brian McCarty of McCarty Photoworks (he's working on book of photos of vinyl toys) ...; Miranda and Nik of Clutter Magazine; Raymond Choy (owner of Toy2R) and last but not least, Pete Fowler (photo below!)

We ended up hanging with the Clutter Magazine crew until they had to crash and ended up ordering room service to stave our hunger pains... here is what a $14 ham and cheese sandwich looks like.

All in all a pretty good night considering we landed in Newark at 6pm! Tomorrow, photos from Toy Fair Day 1 and the Touma signing event. Now I sleep!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:32 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
mmmmmm.......sandwich! :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:44 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
i'm friggin jealious over here -- keep us posted... i can't wait to see what's coming down the line! - and if you see anything by nathan or tim biskup, please steal it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:19 pm
User avatarRoto IdolJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:07 pmPosts: 286Location: KC
MAN!!! It's been SooooOOOooOOOOOOOoooo crazy!
Yesterday was the best. got to meet pretty much everyone... Futura, Stash, Ewok, Touma, Pete, Dalek... and like a million other amazing artists and designers!

*I even scored some drawings in my book from SEEN, Pete, Touma, and Dalek. (I'll try and post em when I get home)

There is some really amazing stuff on display! Looks like this year is going to be very expensive for all of us. Everyone is really pushing the limits with they're toys!

Anyways, back to the madness!

L8

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:15 pm
Here are our photos from our first day at Toy Fair....we've taken the day off today from the show to relax a little and get ready for AdFunture's party at Gigantic this evening...highlights for us were meeting more amazing artists (Mad, Sket-One, Andrew Bell, Touma, Jamie Hayon, MCA, Dalek, KozyNDan)...our first look at the unpainted prototypes for the new Shawnimal's vinyl by Shawn Smith of Chicago (represent!) for AdFunture Workshop...getting a peek at the new Mad•Ls and Andrew Bell's new project, Zliks...Wurst Haus artist-designed sausage keychains (you heard me right!) ....prototypes of CRAZY new figures by illustrator Joe Ledbetter...funky plush by Thomas Han...new Mars1 project....new Teddy Troops by Flying Fortress...six-inch Circus Punks...the new Jamie Hayon project and MCA figures by Toy2R... and so much more.

Have a look!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:19 am
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:01 amPosts: 41Location: Brooklyn, NYC
it's been great meeting and hanging out with you two, thanks for the coverage! roto4evar.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:53 am
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:43 pmPosts: 22Location: NYC and Long Island
Hi, Kirby and whitney! Those pics looked awesome. can't wait to check out the fair. I was at Yoyamart both days. WIsh i would have known you were there, i would have loved to said hi. We might have rubbed elbows along the way. But I was also too wrapped up getting sketches from J.Jarvis and getting my toys signed by touma and JD. AND the new Touma/Toy2r figure, the Hellhound, i was fortunate enough to aquire one. I'll post some pictures as soon as i can find my camera. You're right it was a great time, great atmosphere and great people. James Jarvis was quite generous with the sketches. agian i'll post a pic of that as well soon. keep those pics coming!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:58 am
AndrewBell wrote:
it's been great meeting and hanging out with you two, thanks for the coverage! roto4evar.

Likewise, we've totally been stoked to hang out with you too. 8)

As far as the coverage goes, we can't help ourselves! TCIMH is kickin' it! The new stuff is unbelivably cool. :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:07 am
BugzyNYC wrote:
Hi, Kirby and whitney! Those pics looked awesome. can't wait to check out the fair. I was at Yoyamart both days. WIsh i would have known you were there, i would have loved to said hi. We might have rubbed elbows along the way. But I was also too wrapped up getting sketches from J.Jarvis and getting my toys signed by touma and JD. AND the new Touma/Toy2r figure, the Hellhound, i was fortunate enough to aquire one. I'll post some pictures as soon as i can find my camera. You're right it was a great time, great atmosphere and great people. James Jarvis was quite generous with the sketches. agian i'll post a pic of that as well soon. keep those pics coming!! :D

Hey! We totally probably stood next to each other for hours! Both James and Touma were unbelievable and generous, just like you said. Meeting them and some of the other artists that came to those signings has been the highlight of our trip.

We missed out on the Hellhounds... :TCIMH-SadRoto: ... but glad to hear you got one. We'll have the various colorways for sale when they are released, but the chance to get an early prototype is always cool.

Can't wait to see your pics! I'm working on posting a few photos from tonight's AdFunture Party at Gigantic. :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:31 am
As promised...here are the photo's from the Adfunture Party. I wasn't too camera happy tonight, so mostly these are just some better pics of a few of the upcoming Adfunture toys. (and one of our Rotofugi Exclusive Fling the Monkey rockin' it in NYC!)

We had a great time hanging out with everyone, including our friend Shawn Smith who is justifiably proud of the new Shawnimals vinyl protos making the rounds. These are going to be bad-ass when they get finalized! Big-ups!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:53 am
User avatarRoto TormentorJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 pmPosts: 604Location: Southern WI
Cool stuff, guys. Thanks for the smokin' pix!

Your Knucklebear fig looks sa-WHEET. Very cool.

And I'm way stoked about the hell hounds. Been droolin' on them.

Glad you guys are havin' such a good time!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zook360/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:51 am
User avatarJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:54 pmPosts: 25Location: Salt Lake City
Woohoo! New monsterism! And you guys got to meet the man himself! Seems like you guys are having a great time! Thanks for the pics!

Cheers,
transistor

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:56 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 amPosts: 974Location: Midwest Reppin' since '81
thanks for posting the pixes, kirby! wee ninja looks awfully cute in vinyl.

Offline Profile