<  Other Announcements  ~  NY Toy Fair 2005 : Updated 2.24.05 -- 2:10 am EST

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:45 pm
User avatarJoined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:38 pmPosts: 3
Great pics!

Slightly off-topic....Can anyone tell me what brand of pen Raymond Choy is using to sign/draw with in those pictures?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:49 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Thanks!

The person signing is actually Japanese artist Touma...I zoomed in on the photo and it looks like they're called "Posca"...probably a water-based poster paint pen. I know a lot of artist use Sharpie-brand poster paint pens.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:47 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 amPosts: 974Location: Midwest Reppin' since '81
Gah! I simply assumed that it was Raymond and not the actual designer...well you know what they say about assumptions (except it only applies to me)... :oops:

Thanks for the info on the pens!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:49 pm
User avatarJoined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:38 pmPosts: 3
Anonymous wrote:
Gah! I simply assumed that it was Raymond and not the actual designer...well you know what they say about assumptions (except it only applies to me)... :oops:

Thanks for the info on the pens!

That was my post...I can't even remember to log in correctly!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:56 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Okay, here is the last batch of photos from Toy Fair 05!

We spent all day Tuesday at the fair and got photos of a bunch of stuff we missed on our first abbreviated trip on Sunday and also took new pictures of a few pieces that we wanted better views of ... not all of the pieces are new ones (like the Knockman series) but we'll be getting a quite a few of these in stock when they become available. Rock!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:18 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
that's one big wage doll! and the gorillaz looks awesome.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:32 pm
User avatarJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:54 pmPosts: 25Location: Salt Lake City
I'm really excited for the Gorillaz figures! The 4-11 from KR is that the release will coincide with the next album release in the summer. I think they also said they're going to be released as a set. Should be a good one.

I love the Ugly Dog! The vinyl figure looks great! I like his little bowl. Was Wage there bagging everyones groceries while they weren't looking?

Hayon's stuff looks cool. I can't wait to see where he takes all of those shapes and forms.

(can I just say here that I love the Topic Review window at the bottom of the screen. sometimes I'm posting and I can't remember what I was posting about :TCIMH-SmileOrange: )

Looks like you guys had a great time! Can't wait to these these figures show up in your shop!

Cheers,
transistor

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:28 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:58 pmPosts: 36Location: P-TOWN, CALI
Does anyone know what the Super Hero looking dude is called? The figure in all black with the Skull and Crossbones on his chest and the red torn up cape. That figure looks BAD-ASS!!!

PEACE!!

TT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:52 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 amPosts: 974Location: Midwest Reppin' since '81
BIG UPS to the Rotofugi Crew you guys are great!!! Great hanging out with you and THANK YOU for the FC Figure. OH Yeah gotta go and finish that thing!!! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:54 pm
Roto IdolJoined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:57 pmPosts: 85Location: New Haven, CT
Whoops that was me :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:22 am
okay...none of those peeps look like THEY'RE FROM FRESNO! :)

anyway...we missed a helluva time i reckon!

JUST THINK WHAT COMICCON IS GONNA BE LIKE THIS YEAR...IT WILL GO WAAAAAAAY OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

so much damn creativity...seeping out pores! i love the game!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:31 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:59 amPosts: 173Location: Chicago USA
:shock: :shock: :shock:

this shit just keeps getting better and better. wow.

hope y'all had fun in the ny!

-ryan

Now available at Rotofugi...we love you!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:17 pm
User avatarRoto IdolJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:07 pmPosts: 286Location: KC
W&K!

It was great hangin with you guys! Sorry I missed you the last day we were there. I was freaking out about the weather, so headed straight to the airport...

Yer FC figs will be in the mail on Monday! (hope that's not too late)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:02 pm
Hey Guys

Well its ten to one in the morning here and obviously the jet lag has well and truly set in!! Toy Fair was excellent; we had so much fun putting faces to all the people who we speak to via email. Whitney and Kirby are the best!!! We love you guys so much.

I have to tell everyone that the British contingence lived up to our reputation as we were the ones in the bar till 5am at the gathering on Sunday!! :D regretting it the next day though!!!

All the guys out there were so great, we really want to spread the love to everyone we met, and say a big thanks for all the support!! Also big love for all the doodles on our auction piece….. (more info to follow)

Its time you all came to the UK for a big knees up rather like the NYC trip!!

Right time for some sleep me thinks!!

Miranda & Nick

p.s we have some great pics of you guys we will post once we have recovered slightly, hope this post makes sense :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:21 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:53 amPosts: 330Location: in the land of taquerias and dollar stores, chicago, illinois.
ACK. So much toy goodness. I want about half of those :?