<  Other Announcements  ~  Rotofugi on Metromix TV This Past Week

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:04 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Wow, I need a haircut. Bad.

Other than the fact that my hair is beginning to make me look like I am a cast member of Dazed and Confused....this is one of the better, if not the best, TV spots we've had done on us....Pogo seemed to really understand the designer toy concept. Nice.

Click here...

http://cltv.trb.com/cltv-metromix-thisweek,0,5314038.story

Then scroll down on the list of clips under the player...we're 9 spots or so down the list at the moment.

It also airs M-F at 7p, 8p, 9p and midnight on CLTV for you Chicagoland peeps, but I think I'm late in posting this, so our run on the tube might be over now.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:48 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Sorry, I couldn't find it...someone else stole the title "Nerdcore"

Just kidding, that took a bit to air, there was a pink sarge on the shelf, and a full set of CGR.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:34 am
User avatarRoto DrunkJoined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:44 amPosts: 389Location: the pub, Melbourne, Australia
nice spot!

good to be able to see the store a bit more clearly

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:30 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:00 amPosts: 116Location: France (cagnes sur mer)
wow, the shop is bigger than what I thought looking at the pics. And I learnt that rotofugi is in fact pronounced as rotofuji :oops:

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles. In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves."
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:19 pm
User avatarRoto AlumJoined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:24 amPosts: 309Location: chicago
whew, glad i wasn't there that day. i do not photo well. ken and joe have lots of proof of that. but i have a winning personality.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:10 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
jermy wrote:
whew, glad i wasn't there that day. i do not photo well. ken and joe have lots of proof of that. but i have a winning personality.

Your personality is what won me over. That and your collection of 80s vintage metal T-shirts.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:10 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 1035Location: Mundelein, IL
Great spot. Kirby did an excellent job of explaining designer toys and Shawnimals got a lot of airtime.

One quibble; a Baseman Egg Qee is not a "whatever".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:38 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:42 pmPosts: 106Location: Columbus, OH
agitprop wrote:
One quibble; a Baseman Egg Qee is not a "whatever".

That made me laugh. Also when they focused on the Kozik grenade and said "simple". :lol: I am sure the artists would not agree with those statements.

Operation: Fragmentation
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:17 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
very nice, kirby! i loved that shawn's plush got a lot of attention and yay for a Blythe being shown! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:41 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:53 pmPosts: 270Location: Chicago
wow that was a killer spot. Man, i miss rotofugi, havent been there in awhile. ME thinks i have to skip work to stop on by ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:39 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri May 11, 2007 3:25 pmPosts: 7
very, very cool. Beautiful shop too. So many things I need to catch up on.

"...or even pocket fuzz." LOL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:48 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:05 pmPosts: 1055Location: chicago
very cool. lookin sexy kirby