<  Other Announcements  ~  I'm feeling a little minimalist today...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:34 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
... new look on the forums. Tell me if you hate it and I'll change it. I find it soothing, personally.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:42 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
amen - i dig.

black/grey/white forever.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:16 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 amPosts: 278
Paint the walls white. Let the decorations (toys, photos, etc.) provide the color...

Splendid Monstrous Beast http://splendidmonstrousbeast.blogspot.com/

Omni-Monster!!! (Kaiju Utopia) http://omni-monster.blogspot.com/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:45 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
It's looks great, and it goes very well with the rest of the forum layout. :) It is also good on the eyes color-wise, however, I think it would look better if the colors were somewhat inverted to how it is right now. :cool:

Mind if I try my hand at a banner? :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:57 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
To be honest, I think it's hideous - but then again, it's your guys' site, Kirby and Whitney. Way to straining on teh eyes... but oh well I come here for the content not the forum design :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:24 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 1035Location: Mundelein, IL
How much more black could it be? The answer is none, none more black.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:29 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
agitprop wrote:
How much more black could it be? The answer is none, none more black.

Yea, I don't know how much black it can be. I think that a lighter background would look much better, IMO. I thought the recent background went more with the black banner. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:34 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Oh, it could be much, much more blacker. Hideous, eh?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:54 pm
rotokirby wrote:
Oh, it could be much, much more blacker. Hideous, eh?

How about this: the site would have two layout designs, one for the day and one for the night. The daytime one would have light colors, and the dark would have dark colors, like how it is right now. :wink: :idea:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:14 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:49 pmPosts: 1006Location: chicago, il
i think it looks nice! :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:27 pm
I'll probably change it. The greys are a little too light. And the black sides are kinda harsh. I dunno. Just having fun with it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:38 pm
rotokirby wrote:
I'll probably change it. The greys are a little too light. And the black sides are kinda harsh. I dunno. Just having fun with it.

I like what do did to the actual boxes of the forum. :) Nice. The background isn't so harsh either now.

Also, it would be cool to add a little chat box on the left or right to the pages. :cool:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:07 am
Roto JunkieJoined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:57 amPosts: 261Location: Dayton OH
sounds like you pushed things around a couple times today -- looks nice now though. i like the two tones of gray alternating every (other) post.

Quote:

How about this: the site would have two layout designs, one for the day and one for the night. The daytime one would have light colors, and the dark would have dark colors, like how it is right now.

it'd be reallly fun if the background faded to grey at night and blue in day!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:15 am
Yeah, the grey sides really doesn't offend my eyes like the black does. Ow and what is it with Abe. I never thought to ask before. Also I like that everything is Mono. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 am
Pecker the Squirrel wrote:
Yeah, the grey sides really doesn't offend my eyes like the black does. Ow and what is it with Abe. I never thought to ask before. Also I like that everything is Mono. :wink:

Dead presidents who lived in the Midwest who have eye patches are d@mn cool.

Offline Profile