<  Other Announcements  ~  International Shipping

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:50 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
We get a lot of questions about international shipping and I figured I might as well answer a couple of them here for posterity's sake...some of this is already in the store FAQ but it can never hurt to get more info out there, right?

Customs/Duties in my country cost a lot, will you pretty please mark my package as "Gift" so I can avoid paying customs?

We're very, very sorry, but we just can't do that. Falsely filling out customs forms is against the law here in the states, and we like to stay on the good side of our government lest they put the smackdown on us. We do, however, mark all packages with a value that is equal, more or less, to the legal replacement value of the goods rather than the retail pricing, so that should help a little.

Why does shipping internationally cost so much? Isn't there a cheaper option?

We realize that the international shipping is expensive, but please understand that we are not profiting from the shipping but charging only a small handling fee above the actual postage cost to defray the cost of the packing materials. We use the USPS for our international shipments because compared to other services such as UPS and FedEx, they are inexpensive. We currently offer Priority International and Express International to just about every country in the world. We take our customer service very seriously and we hope you can understand that we are doing everything possible to try to serve you and our other customers overseas in the best possible way.

There is one less expensive option called First Class International that we do not currently offer. We understand your frustration at not being able to use First Class, but please let us explain briefly why we do not currently offer that service:

First, the USPS does not offer electronic postage for First Class International. We've looked into various third-party services for postage, but unfortunately they all charge monthly and/or per piece fees that make the First Class option less economical for our customers and make the difference between First Class and Priority International even less.

In addition, First Class International is only available for packages below 4 pounds, so we have to be extremely careful how we implement a system to offer that service so we do not put ourselves in a position where we have to request additional funds from our customers because they chose First Class, but the package actually weighs over 4 pounds when packaged for shipping.

Finally, unless we have other packages shipping via Priority of Express Mail, the USPS will not pickup a First Class package, but rather they require us to deliver it to the postal station.

We are currently doing further research and trying to find an economical and reasonably convenient way to begin offerined First Class International. I don't have an exact timeframe in mind, but I hope to offer it when we launch our "new and improved online store" sometime in next 4-6 weeks.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:03 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Looks like they're not using this telepod.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:10 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
iccdp wrote:
Looks like they're not using this telepod.

:lol: :lolo: :lol:

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile