<  Other Announcements  ~  Sneaker Pimps Chicago Aug 5-6

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:59 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Rotofugi is proud to be a sponsor of Sneaker Pimps Chicago (August 5-6) at Open End Gallery (2000 W. Fulton).....

Keep your eye out for new pieces by Chicago artists Ken Keirns, Shawn Smith, Revise CMW, Joey Potts and James Liu ... they'll be adding pieces to the awesome, huge collection of artist-customized shoes that is Sneaker Pimps.

And, best of all, live painting by Gary Baseman, Ethos and Goodfoot at the opening! :D

Plus we'll have a modest exhibit of our Rotofugi Exclusive toys at the show. :)

Last edited by rotokirby on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:33 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
ok - sneakers are not cool

but are you telling me that gary baseman is goin' be instore?!?! and what is up with the empty bottle sponsorship ?? just curious - one love to the bottle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:36 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
no, Gary Baseman is going to be at Open End doing a live painting w/ goodfoot and Ethos.... but if we are super duper lucky maybe he will drop by.

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:40 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
wow - looks like open end is really getting some pull - i'member back in the day when... oh never mind

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:15 am
User avatarRoto TormentorJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 pmPosts: 604Location: Southern WI
Groovy... I'm not a big Sneaks fan, but that'd be interesting to check out seeing how I'll be in town anyway. Where abouts is 200 W. fulton? That's downton in Eas Village isn't it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zook360/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:54 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
zook wrote:
Groovy... I'm not a big Sneaks fan, but that'd be interesting to check out seeing how I'll be in town anyway. Where abouts is 200 W. fulton? That's downton in Eas Village isn't it?

2000 W. Fulton is here. That's 11 blocks almost exactly due south of the store.

I'm not sure what the name of that area is exactly...Way West Loop? Warehouse-ville? I dunno....

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:04 pm
User avatarRoto TormentorJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 pmPosts: 604Location: Southern WI
I thought it was releatively close to you guys...

Might have to check that out when I'm downtown next Saturday

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:14 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:20 pmPosts: 48Location: DC area
...it's looking like i might have to move to chicago. d.c. get's nothing. nada. zilch. zippo. :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:54 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
Well, if you want to be technical about it (and we know how picky you can be Zook :)) Open End is just south of East Village.

Open End is 10 blocks south of Chicago on Damen. Only .6 miles. So not such a bad walk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:09 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
grrr...

I'm have crazy limo service and box seating for the white sox game that night... My friend is getting pimped up like Elvis for some promotion...

..and I'm a Cub fan!!!!

Plus, it is going to be pandemonium there...
Joe M500 (I'll go check it out on Saturday if anyone wants to meet up)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:17 pm
I'll be hitting the show sometime Saturday afternoon/evening, Joe. I'll be downtown for lunch and then stopping by the 'Fugi if ya wanna hook.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:39 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
Yeah I'm going to try to check it out on Saturday as well, I have to be at wrok at 7:30PM but I also want to go to Market Day's and the Comicon. :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:35 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Oh, that's right, Market Days...

That is always a good time, great people watching, great food.

I'll see what time I'm heading to the city and let you all know!

Joe m500

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:04 pm
Whoops.

Looks like I'm going to have to skip my Chicago trip this time around.

Ah well...maybe next time...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:56 am
User avatarJoined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:56 pmPosts: 41Location: Manchester, UK
looks like you guys are in for a treat! i'm lookin' forward to a UK show (someone correct me if that's already happened...) Would love to see J Burgerman's custom royal elastics in person! Loved them so much that I actually bought myself a pair a few days ago :D

I've decided to try my hand at customising a friends trainers for her this weekend, so I'll make sure to post some photos them when I'm done :D