<  Other Announcements  ~  Online Store Offline June 16-June 18

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:18 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:15 amPosts: 56Location: Mexico city
rotokirby wrote:
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

You international folk may want to take note of the new "Hold for Later" shipping option...it is specifically set up so you can place small orders and then group them together later to save on shipping. ;)
best news ever, i like the Saved Products Lists too

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
Whoa, I really like the layout and overall look of the new store! Looks really slick and simplistic, which is always great, esp. for new customers. IMO, I actually think that it looks a little more "complete" other than the old storefront. The colors used in this design also look good on the eyes, as well as complement the original light blue color used for the logo. Other things that I like about the new store is the new "news" section. It great, as people not familiar with the forums would just be able to click on the new section to find out what events are going on and such. The new "Mega Search" page is also a great idea for people looking for a specific product straight forward.

Overall, Great job on the new storefront. It has a ton of great features, and everything blends together. I'm not that crazy about the new icon for the site, as I think that it should just be the Abe logo, but it's not a big deal for me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:14 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Autodactyl wrote:
Looks good. What software are you using, and did you guys do everything yourself?

This is a highly modified version of Productcart. It's all my handiwork except for the mod that does the View Cart/Continue Shopping popup.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:08 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
Kirby, I also have another good suggestion that may or may not be too late to implement into the system, but I think that reviewing system for products and feedback would also be a nice feature. :) Other than that, I'm absolutely loving the new version.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:36 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
FOAME wrote:
Kirby, I also have another good suggestion that may or may not be too late to implement into the system, but I think that reviewing system for products and feedback would also be a nice feature. :) Other than that, I'm absolutely loving the new version.

That is a part of Productcart that I consciously turned off....mainly because with the type of items we sell it is entirely subjective whether or not anyone likes something or not.

Also, I'm not convinced we really get enough traffic for us to get enough reviews to make it worthwhile. There's nothing worse than a site that has reviews turned on, but they are all empty.

And third, it would add more to our workload since we'd have to monitor the reviews for profanity and the like.

In the end....just not worth it.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile