<  Other Announcements  ~  Kinda Quiet....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:52 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:46 pmPosts: 86Location: GoIll
I would like to see some sort of Rotoblog chronicling the life and times of two toy merchants. Can you make that happen? I think people are really interested in what goes on behind the scenes and such...sometimes we just want to know what you ate today. Sounds stalkerish, but thats what the people want to see.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:38 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:12 pmPosts: 132Location: Mid-West
MGLSM wrote:
I would like to see some sort of Rotoblog chronicling the life and times of two toy merchants. Can you make that happen? I think people are really interested in what goes on behind the scenes and such...sometimes we just want to know what you ate today. Sounds stalkerish, but thats what the people want to see.

Yeah! A reality type show ... the good, the bad and ugly. C'mon, you got tons of time Kirby!

Seriously, I think Roto has their hands full running the operation and would like more people to take the leap and post more... keep the air moving in here ... no?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:53 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
roto 64 wrote:
MGLSM wrote:

Yeah! A reality type show ... the good, the bad and ugly. C'mon, you got tons of time Kirby!

Seriously, I think Roto has their hands full running the operation and would like more people to take the leap and post more... keep the air moving in here ... no?

Besides Kirby already did that and hasn't been all too successful with it. Ok, success is maybe the wrong word but serious blogging really needs about as much time as writing a diary. I just doesn't happen in an instant. But hey, let the man speak for himself. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:11 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
[ idle. ] wrote:
roto 64 wrote:
MGLSM wrote:

Besides Kirby already did that and hasn't been all too successful with it. Ok, success is maybe the wrong word but serious blogging really needs about as much time as writing a diary. I just doesn't happen in an instant. But hey, let the man speak for himself. ;)

Yeah, I tried to blog. I'm not so good at it.

http://rotofugi.blogspot.com/

But I do love a good blog....my favorite true diary-style blog is by Ken Stringfellow (who is in The Posies as well as Big Star and tours with REM and a couple other bands):

http://kenstringfellow.com/

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:02 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:12 pmPosts: 132Location: Mid-West
I thought the blog was really interesting Kirby.
I understand the time commitement though.
A lot of inside info going on there. Good stuff.

I wish I knew it existed sooner.

:-o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:30 pm
User avatarJoined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:16 pmPosts: 39Location: Chicago
More naked girls! oh wait that would be a different type of forum then.
But seriously, I think everyone is outside enjoying the lovely weather we have been having this summer. I am sure things will pick up as the nasty Chicago winter of doom comes around.

P.S. I just watched your video "The Collectors" and I was very very impressed! Great work guys, it was simply stunning and funny too.