<  Other Announcements  ~  Ninjatown DS Pre-Launch Tour Stop at Rotofugi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:34 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL

Shawnimals Ninjatown DS Tour Stop at Rotofugi!!

Saturday, October 11, 2008 – 5-8PM

This is Shawnimals backyard and promises to have lots of local flavor. Shawn Smith and his Shawnimals team, all based in Chicago, will be demoing Ninjatown and talking Wee Ninjas and Hot Dog Friends with everyone who will listen.

Come on out and get your hands on a DS to see just how awesome the new game is gonna be and pick up a handmade Pocket Ol' Master Ninja while you're at it! Word!

Congrats Shawn, Jen and the whole Shawnimals team!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:24 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:12 pmPosts: 132Location: Mid-West
Amazing and so cool ... congrats to all Shawnimals!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:38 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:45 pmPosts: 259
I plan to be there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:55 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:12 pmPosts: 102Location: chicago
Hidden Ninjas will be everywhere!!!

my collection pics
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:18 pm
User avatarJoined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:21 pmPosts: 17Location: Wadsworth, IL
I'll be there in a little bit. Can't wait!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:35 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:49 pmPosts: 1006Location: chicago, il
Stopped by earlier, the game is so fun and incredibly cute! congrats Shawn & Jen!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:14 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:28 am
I had a really good time and I was glad I made it despite the CTA apparently not wanting me to be there. (Frickin Damen bus!) It's always a pleasure to see Shawn and the game was really inventive. Reminded me of Tamagotchi but on a D&D scale...

I got my Ninja plush signed too!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:06 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:21 amPosts: 146
Damen bus SSUUUCCCKKKKS.. I catch it by my house at the north end of the route in Andersonville in order to get to Roto and the general wicker/bucktown area.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:42 pm
dreamattack27 wrote:
Damen bus SSUUUCCCKKKKS.. I catch it by my house at the north end of the route in Andersonville in order to get to Roto and the general wicker/bucktown area.

Preach it!

I was coming from Lawrence and Broadway. I waited with my compatriot for the Lawrence bus but we decided after a fashion to just walk to Damen. Well, we got a block away from Damen and Lawrence and a L bus showed up... we were so close we (actually me) decided to walk to Damen instead of hopping the bus.

SO, of course when we were getting near to Damen the bus pulled up in front of us and a Damen bus going south pulled up to the stop. We thought, "well, if we'd gotten on the L bus we wouldn't have gotten to that bus anyhow." The Dam(e)n bus just sat there and we ran for it crossing the street as the Lawrence bus leaves us in the dust. Just as we were about to make it to the bus it took off!! We had to wait 20 minutes for the next one to come. Deep hurting.

Shawnimal's felt cuts were well worth it: