<  Other Announcements  ~  Music. Drinks. Toys. What else could you want?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:09 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
sooo - how does "Sparks" taste? -- it's like a energy/alcohol drink right? - weird - combo --- has to pack quite a hangover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:36 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Marketing works...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:34 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
ooo000ooo wrote:
sooo - how does "Sparks" taste? -- it's like a energy/alcohol drink right? - weird - combo --- has to pack quite a hangover

I actually thought it was pretty tasty (best very cold). It has very little alcohol flavor at all...tastes pretty much like your standard energy drink. I didn't down enough to find out about it's hangover effects, luckily.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:51 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
I think that the best way to describe the taste of Sparks is SweetTart flavored Kool-aid.

Best served very cold.

Tasty. Reminded me of mini thins mixed with vodka... my college day combo of choice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:31 am
User avatarRoto TormentorJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 pmPosts: 604Location: Southern WI
Man...I'm missing all of the cool stuff these days...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zook360/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:07 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
I really liked the Sparks because it packed enough alcohol to loosen me up and wasn't so heavy as to make me feel groggy and bloated. I poured some over ice last night and it was good.

just don't tell me beer friends...

m500

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:01 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:04 amPosts: 121Location: Chicago,IL
yeah sparks is good...but there needs to be more king cobra's on the rise...that's probly the most under-appreciated alchohol on the PLANETTT! well, definately my favorite!

**AP

"SKULLIONS"
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:03 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Arnoldpalmer wrote:
yeah sparks is good...but there needs to be more king cobra's on the rise...that's probly the most under-appreciated alchohol on the PLANETTT! well, definately my favorite!

**AP

I won't pass judgment because, to the best of my knowledge, I've never tasted the stuff. Malt liquor scares me. Always afraid that if I drink it I'll end up face down in the alley.

My new favorite has to be Three Floyd's Alpha King. TASTEEEEEE!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:06 am
RANT....

"malt liquor" should have "malt". Not a single mass produced American (or otherwise) self-proclaimed "malt liquor" is made with all malt.

These beers are cheap because they are full of nasty chemicals and brewed using corn and other adjuncts. NASTY!

Beer should contain water, malt, hops and yeast.

word.
M500

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:16 am
BEER WAR!....j/k

We know you have any appreciation for the finer things in life Joe...beer, sake, toys... :)

A very sophisticated palate!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:27 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:04 amPosts: 121Location: Chicago,IL
i just like the way it tastes! and any beer that i can buy 440 ounces of for $20 is A+ in my book..haha

**AP

"SKULLIONS"
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:42 pm
When I was in college the preferred beverage was "Rhinelander" and when available "Rhinelander Bock" .... it usually ran around $7 for a CASE of longneck bottles.

The regular tasted horrible and gave you horrible hangovers, but the Bock was surprisingly good.

Huber Breweries in Wisconsin brewed it, not sure if it is still around.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:03 pm
yeah when i dropped by yesterday...we also dropped by the liquor store down the street because cobras are always cheaper...we got a box of 12 for $19.41!!!

**AP

"SKULLIONS"
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:13 pm
Kirby!!!!

HUBER BOCK!!!!!!!!!

While it is a cheap adjunct beer, it (under whatever name it happened to be labeled with) was a staple many Chicago concert joints. I think you can still get it for a BUCK at Empty Bottle!!!!

Huber Bock can be blamed for some of my most embarrassing, as well as some of my most triumphant, bar stories!!!

CHEERS!
Joe