<  Other Announcements  ~  Lurkers/Newbies Survey :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:51 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
So, we've got like 275 registered forum members and like 10 people that post with any regularity. C'mon, we're a friendly bunch, surely you have something to say. :)

What's your favorite toy?

How'd you start collecting?

Who's your favorite artist?

Where do you live?

Is it nice there?

Do you like pie?

Last edited by rotokirby on Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:39 am
Roto FriendJoined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:01 amPosts: 93Location: NW IL Suburbanite
1. Ambush V2 Knuckle and my Pink Sket One Eggster (sorry couldn't pick one)

2. *Posted a topic about this myself before* It all started when a friend of mine told me she wanted anything and everything Minnie Mouse when I took a trip to Japan

3. Sket One and Mad are the bomb diggity

4. The suburbs of Chicago, a little place known as Mt. Prospect

5. It's really chilly already *burr*

6. I must say that if you've ever tried the coconut cream pie at denny's it's so0o00o good, also the white chocolate cake over at Reza's restaurant (Persian cuisine).

Kalani, Let's see what everyone else has to say!!! *yay*~~~>

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:43 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
You're not a lurker! :p

of course, anyone is welcome to reply, just hoping to draw some people out of their shells.

....and yes, Reza's is awesome.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:59 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
Well it all started one day in a small village.......wait. :???:

rotokirby wrote:
You're not a lurker! :p

just forget my sad yet exciting story :x

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:30 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:25 amPosts: 195Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
%1 - MOTUG Lase Trexi !! ITS KICK ASS DOPE MAN..when i'll get it :( hump hump..

$2 - I haven't start yet...no money for this right now..:(

^3 - Well can he be a musicant? Skarabex for life!!

#4 - Sofia .. Bulgaria :razz:

@5 - Hell yeah .. hard technoo..come on.. everybody hands up .. hard technooo..hard techno partey.. :lolo:

&6 - There is pie in the sky...

:lolo: :D :-D :lol:

Man I AM dumm...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:43 am
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:18 pmPosts: 13Location: Indianapolis,IN
I'm a BIG lurker so I guess I should reply...

1. Favorite toy I own is the Predator Ciboy, Favorite toy I would LIKE to own is the big black angry smurf figure! Anybody know what I'm talking about? I also love the Bounty Hunter duck figure.

2. I started by seeing a dalek dunny at a cd store.

3. I don't think I have a favorite artist. I usually just start picking ones I don't like and go from there. I'm sad that the guy that did all of the TOOL artwork started off with the figures he did. I love his other art though.

4. Indianapolis

5. Eh, could be worse....

6. no pie, pie bad.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:06 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:05 pmPosts: 91Location: Melbourne - Australia
I too have been a lurker for some time, though said bits and bobs from time to time.

1. Favourite toy right now would have to be my Mars-1 gear. So different and supremely crafted. Fan of Jarvis and Fowler too.

2. Started about 2.5 yrs ago picking up the odd figure from favourite lowbrow artists and designers like Pete Fowler. Before that I had followed the scenes rise, but didn't throw down the cash. I'm still mainly attached to the art toy side of the scene though.

3. Jeff Soto and Mars-1 right off the top. Biskup has been a long time fav (his Deco Plague Qee was my first figure). Many others out there too like Evan Hecox.

4. Live out in the country side near Melbourne down in Australia. Work as a designer in Melbourne.

5. Good enough to eat.

6. Guess I might like pie, but I think your pie and our pie are totally different. Our meat pies are good on occasion. I liked the pie I had when over in the U.S last year at least. Your sweet pies we generally call tarts here...

I'll go back to lurking now.

:cool:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:52 am
User avatarRoto TormentorJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 pmPosts: 604Location: Southern WI
Okay, so maybe I don't count as a "Lurker" either (thought that's all I've been doing lately).

What's your favorite toy? I have several answers to this one. Vinyl toys are only part of my collection. My fave toy is really Stikfas, which aren't really true "vinyl" or "designer" toys.

Another favorite toy(s) are my Troglodytes from the wildly gifted Jill Penney. Snippet and Vicious. They rock my world.

And if I don't stop there...I'm going to have 27 paragraphs about all of the toys I like...

How'd you start collecting? I walked into Rotofugi. Actually...I'd had my eye on some designer vinyl stuff for a while and collected a couple of odd pcs. from a friend of mine overseas, but when I walked into Rotofugi the vinyl scene kind of crystalized for me. I'm stil a fringe collector though.

Who's your favorite artist? Can't name one. Too many talented and cool folks and I like many for very different reasons. David Horvath. Jeremy Madl. Jill Penney. Frank Kozik.

Where do you live? Janesvill, WI.

Is it nice there? Meh. Small town. <65K people. I'd love to be in Chicago or maybe Boston... Not bad though. Been here too long.

Do you like pie? Pie is Eeeeeviiiillll!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zook360/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:15 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:09 pmPosts: 165Location: St. Louis, MO
I'm a lurker in the truest sence. I read everything but rarely comment. This forum has a way better vibe that others. Everything is always so positive and fun, and that's why I keep coming back.

What's your favorite toy? It's tough to pick a favorite. My most prized peices are my White Dumb Luck and my 2004 SDCC GID Cali, which was hand done by Biskup.

How'd you start collecting? It all started with Tim Biskup. I was really into his art and then he started his Alphabeast line. Just happened to remember the morning he put them on his site and scored both of them. Hasn't stopped since.

Who's your favorite artist? It's still Biskup. For obvious selfish reasons, I wish he wasn't so popular. The prices of his originals have gone through the roof in the last year and my salary is not keeping up.

Where do you live? St. Louis, MO

Is it nice there? We have the Arch, so it has to be good, doesn't it? For some reason, bands don't think it's very nice though. They like to skip St. Louis all the time.

Do you like pie? Not really. I like cheesecake.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:34 pm
Buschrj wrote:

I prefer cheesecake to pie as well. Great minds....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:36 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
rotokirby wrote:
Buschrj wrote:

I prefer cheesecake to pie as well. Great minds....

BOOOO!!! PUNKING PIE RULES!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:50 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:25 amPosts: 195Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
both rocks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:32 am
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:47 pmPosts: 2Location: SLOmaha, NE
What's your favorite toy?
I am fairly new to this whole phenomenon, so I don't have a ton of toys, but of my rather enemic collection, I would have to say that my favorite(s) are the Noupas, with the Dunnies running a very close second.

How'd you start collecting?
Stumbled across Kidrobot's site and immediately feel in lust with all the funky stuff. I have collected toys in the past (vintage space toys, barbies, hot wheels, etc.), but Urban Vinyl really "speaks to me" (whatever that means). I love visually-stimulating things and Urban Vinyl toys are very visually-stimulating to me.

Who's your favorite artist?
Baseman, Horvath, Kozik, Bikup, Haring, Warhol, etc.

Where do you live?
Omaha or as I lovingly refer to it: BLOmaha or SLOmaha

Is it nice there?
If you're drunk enough. Haha, just kidding. It's an okay place. Just like anywhere else, it's what you make it.

Do you like pie?
Oh yeah! and cookies and cakes! Love me some sweets and I've got the a** to prove it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:21 am
Favorite Toy-Joe Ledbetter lava bunny(as soon as it arrives), my Biskup qee (virus?) and baseman japan dumb luck(as its the only one i have right now) First toy bought at rotofugi!

started-I was always into illustration(tis my major) and i followed links and wanted to find out more about the toys

Favorite artists?-Baseman, Biskup, Ledbetter, ryden, warhol, a whole lot of other pop and contemporaries

I live in CT for now, In January I will be back in Chicago!

Is it nice there?- Have you ever heard anyone under 70 say they would like to see Connecticut before they die? I rest my case

Dude, who doesnt like pie? People without tongues, thats who, only because they can't taste the delicious :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:15 pm
mickmadethelist wrote:

Dude, who doesnt like pie? People without tongues, thats who, only because they can't taste the delicious :p

:lolo:

Offline Profile