<  Other Announcements  ~  Lurkers/Newbies Survey :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:22 am
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:17 amPosts: 24Location: Just south of Chitown
Hello all.My name's Beau aka beauzilla.Me and my wife Angie had been lurkin for a minute,and decided to get in the mix.Here's the skinny.

1.What's your favorite toy?

The black Tatto Bandai Gardener.First designer toy I bought 4 years ago...still just sit and stare @ him sometimes.

Favorite toys I don't have...Eric So Halo 12" and 12" Gardeners.

2.How'd you start collecting?

I was getting all nostalgic one night,looking at old 12" GI Joes on the web.Somehow found the Hottoys site,which led to Brothersworker,which led to Lau,which somehow led me here now.

Of course,this is all an extention of growing up with Stretch Armstrong,Star Wars,HeMan,GI Joe,Transformers,TMNT,etc.

3.Whos your favorite artist?

Sam Kieth,creator of the Maxx.

Also lotsa love for Arthur Suydam,Lau,Frazetta,Luke Chueh,and Arik Moonhawk Roper.

4.Where do you live?

An hour south of Chicago.We lived in Lincoln Park until my daughter was born 4 years ago.Wanted to slow it all down and cut down on the pollution intake for her sake.

5.Is it nice there?

Its ok.Finally got a place down here with our favorite brew (GumballHead Ale) so its better now!

6.Do you like pie?

My wife's telling me to stay quiet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:37 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Welcome Beau! Another collector with supreme taste!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:05 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:16 pmPosts: 66Location: Chicago-ish
Hey Folks. My name is Jim. I'm new. Be kind.
:D

What's your favorite toy?
Right now, it is my clear little mini rolito. I tried keeping jellybeans in his clear little head, but they kept disappearing.

My favorite of all time was probably the Kirate Kid action figures. Silly, I know, but they had this spring loaded karate chop arm that would break through this wood board. I was spoiled.

How'd you start collecting?

I'm a comic fan, and when I was living in Dallas, I had a shop that carried the Kubricks and a few other blind toys. One was a Jim Woodring set, Which was awesome. So, those Neuts, as well as a Tony Milliionaire themed Drinky Crow, and I was hooked.
Who's your favorite artist?

Where do you live?
I currently live north of Chicago.

Is it nice there?
It's ok. Unfortunately, Most of the time it seems that I'm the only person in their mid twenties who actually lives there.

Do you like pie?
Is there a wrong answer answer?

That's it. I'm excited to find such a great community. Hopefully I'll see a few of you tonight at the exhibit. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:52 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:27 pmPosts: 38
1) What's your favorite toy?
I would have to say my newly purchased orange Tankizaado, it just makes me happy.

2) How'd you start collecting?
A co-worker had the DJ MAD*L on his desk. After inquiring him about it, he told me about Rotofugi. I think you can figure the rest out. :D

3) Who's your favorite artist?
LOTS!!:
Sket, Buff, Madl, Candykiller, Thomas Han, Dalek, MK12, Chris Lee, Biskup, Saul Bass, Entire Chi-town Crew (Brian, The Joey's, Peabe, Blutt, Shawnimal, etc.) , MCA. TokyoPlastic, and many many more.

4) Where do you live?
The Burbs, IL

5) Is it nice there?
Yes it is, lots of industrial parks.

6)Do you like pie?
Yes i do like pie. French Silk & Key Lime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:50 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:01 amPosts: 56Location: indianapolis
1) What's your favorite toy?
I usually buy toys designed by artist whose work I will never be able to afford. Occasionally I cant afford their toys.(kaws) But, I would have to say my favorites toy(s) would probably be my Grimrock! Rei and Asuka. Evangelion cat girls what’s not to love about that?

2) How'd you start collecting?
A few years back (maybe 2002) Fafi released her capsules and I picked a few up at a local comic book shop. Side note: I enjoyed her style more then even though it was more of a Miss Van rip off. I just can’t get in to her newer sketchy stuff as much. However, I did buy the pale Irina.

3) Who's your favorite artist?
I’ve been I big Shepard Fairey fan for a while but I also enjoy WK Interact, Jeremy Fish, Kozik, Kaws, Tara McPherson, Brendan Tang(mech tea pots amazing!!!)…

4) Where do you live?
Indianapolis…nap town…race car city…home of the colts…hell.

5) Is it nice there?
Nice? Nice as in there is a low homicide rate…or nice as its always sun shine and rainbows…perhaps nice as in the beer is cheap and the women are cheaper? the answers are somewhat-153 murders last year, negative on the constant sun and rainbows and maybe-because with enough dollar drafts in them, anyone can be cheap.

6)Do you like pie?
Only if it’s by hostess!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:31 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
welcome jim, toxik, and 5106! it's always nice to see new peeps posting on the board. hope to see you often. don't be afraid to post! we're all nice, somewhat "normal" people around here. :)

mmm, hostess lemon pies are sooo yummy. :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:56 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
I buy a Hostess cherry pie like twice a week and nuke it for 30 secs.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:15 am
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
I didn't know that Hostess made pies, unless you are talking about the small mini pies that look like gyros folded up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:17 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:01 amPosts: 56Location: indianapolis
hells yeah, this is a pie!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:29 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:21 amPosts: 146
Hey ya'll, I'm a long time shopper at the Roto, never signed up for the forums til now, but I do admit I regularly lurk about to see what's new/coming soon!

Now for the answers:

1. My favorite toy couldn't possible be narrowed down to one. So I will give ou my top 5-ish
1. Jled's Firecat (although it looks as though I will never own one.)
2. Jeremy Fish Bunnyvan and turtlecamper, can't decide between them.
3. Bounty Hunter- Wrang Chang (probably will never own one either!)
4. Touma- Skuttle and Talons... Best sculpts ever!
5. Kozik's Redrum Labbit.....mmmm bloody goodness!
6. ANYTHING JAMUNGO, cause those guys completely rock.

2. I started collecting when I dropped by a Kidrobot shop while on vacation, and it was love at first limited edition. I love a difficult, time-consuming, and expensive hobby.

3. Favorite artist is a tie between Kozik and Touma.

4. I live in the loverly city of Chi-town, because when Cali falls into the ocean and NYC secedes, we'll be the biggest city in the U.S. OF A.!

5. HELL YEAH! Nice is a relative term, but look at it this way, it would have to rock pretty hard for 8 million people to live here despite the weather!

6. "Chickens go in, pies come out."
"What kind of pies?"
"Apple."
"OOO!! MY FAVORITE!"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
dreamattack27 wrote:

I live in the loverly city of Chi-town, because when Cali falls into the ocean and NYC secedes, we'll be the biggest city in the U.S. OF A.!

:lol: :lolo:

Thanks for joining in the forum fun!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:09 pm
User avatarJoined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:24 pmPosts: 39Location: 2 blocks from rotofugi
What's your favorite toy? now the flying fortress dunny

How'd you start collecting?
well it all started one day when i walked by rotofugi (this was a Monday) a very sad day because i wanted to go in but it was closed, so i dident go back till a sunday, now i go every day and yes im an addict

Who's your favorite artist? Stash

Where do you live?
Chicago

Is it nice there?
Of course if i get on my roof and jump i can see the skyline

Do you like pie? yes i do

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:10 pm
User avatarJoined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:24 pmPosts: 39Location: 2 blocks from rotofugi
Toxik wrote:
6)Do you like pie?
Yes i do like pie. French Silk & Key Lime

you go to bakers square dont you

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:56 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:18 amPosts: 117Location: Chicago, IL
What's your favorite toy? My Smiling Malfi. It's the first thing I see when I walk into my room at home. If I am having a bad day, once I walk in and see the smile, I can't be mad anymore. Also, my new Ace and Ion figures. I felt like a little kid looking down into the opened UPS box containing them in their spaceships smirkin' back up at me through their windows.

How'd you start collecting? I've always perused through websites, checking out designs people can and do come up with. Then, last year I believe, I stumbled upon Rotofugi's booth at Intonation. It was the first time I really came into physical contact with the toys that I've seen so much online. Since then, every time I go to Chicago I go by Rotofugi to see the store and buy stuff.

Who's your favorite artist? Tara McPherson, Gary Baseman, but I'm still new so I'm digging everyone I come across.

Where do you live? Bloomington, IN. Home of IU and a blue oasis in a red cesspool.

Is it nice there? It is quite lovely when it is warm and green. Especially during the Summer when all of the students are gone.

Do you like pie? Is the pope catholic?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:32 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:49 pmPosts: 1006Location: chicago, il
welcome to the forums :)

Offline Profile