<  Ask Rotofugi  ~  toy exchange?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:37 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:13 pmPosts: 52
So, Rotofugi has dunny trading parties every time a new dunny series is released, right?

Well, why shouldn't Rotofugi have a toy exchange once or twice a year as well??

By "toy exchange" I mean, everyone coming with their doubles and trading toys (not just dunnies, but ANY toys). They don't have to be doubles though...they can be stuff you don't want anymore either.

I don't know. I thought it would be a cool idea.

Kirby, Whitney....everyone else...what do you think? :-o

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:17 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
We did a general toy trading party back in October (I think...my memory is fuzzy)...but yeah, we should totally do it every couple months.

We just have so much going on between day-to-day store stuff and running the gallery and it's frequent openings that we kinda forget to do other stuff. :p

I'll look at the calendar and see if maybe we can do one in March.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:23 pm
User avatarRoto HelperJoined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:03 pmPosts: 81Location: Chicago
We did one a few months ago... it was a small gathering at the store and everyone from the board was invited. We had a good time and many trades were made. For the Dunny parties I normally bring more than just Dunnys, but usually people are only into trading Dunny for Dunny. I will have a talk with James and Little Miss I Make Monsters and see if we can put together another exchange at the store.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:25 pm
User avatarRoto HelperJoined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:03 pmPosts: 81Location: Chicago
Doh, Kirby beat me to it... :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Little Miss I Make Monsters....LULZ!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:56 am
Roto FriendJoined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:13 pmPosts: 52
oh ok, thanks kirby and sqee! :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

I actually haven't been here on the boards in quite awhile so that's probably why I missed the board announcement about it.

I'll keep an eye out around here to see when another event like that is going to happen.

thanks again! :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:03 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:55 amPosts: 229Location: Your Heart
rotokirby wrote:
Little Miss I Make Monsters....LULZ!

hahaha. I feel like little miss muffet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:52 pm
Little Miss I Make Monsters
Sat on her tuffet
Sewing her turds & bling

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:16 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:55 amPosts: 229Location: Your Heart
SQUEE wrote:
Little Miss I Make Monsters
Sat on her tuffet
Sewing her terds & bling

hahaha. thats more of a horror story than a nursery rhyme.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:39 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:12 pmPosts: 102Location: chicago
trading party was sweet... i gots me a dufor, and some friends with you, i got a dalek spacebot, and some corn plush. then we had some laughs at High Dive. I don't know if I can make the Olde trading Party. I have a friend in from out of town who probably won't want to go, and I gots to work, and I have no time to dig all my doubles out, and I like run on sentences. :razz:

ps. I will try to come by friday night, can I get my corn then?

my collection pics
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 pm
the_megacephalic wrote:
trading party was sweet... i gots me a dufor, and some friends with you, i got a dalek spacebot, and some corn plush. then we had some laughs at High Dive. I don't know if I can make the Olde trading Party. I have a friend in from out of town who probably won't want to go, and I gots to work, and I have no time to dig all my doubles out, and I like run on sentences. :razz:

ps. I will try to come by friday night, can I get my corn then?

yes you can sir.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:18 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:12 pmPosts: 102Location: chicago
Yippie!

my collection pics
Offline Profile