<  In-Stock/Coming Soon  ~  Last Stand for the Original Toy Monkey

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:32 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
The Original Toy Monkey

The last of the Toy Monkey is here!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:59 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:00 amPosts: 116Location: France (cagnes sur mer)
thanks to rotofugi, I will finally own this amazing toy! And what a great price!

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles. In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves."
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:03 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
We strive to sell at original retail pricing whenever possible. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't....I want to see these in peoples collections! It's a FANTASTIC toy.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:24 am
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
I love this figure, and when I saw that you guys maintained the original retail price (anoter reason why I love roto), I had to snag it up. By far one of the best vinyl figures to date.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:35 am
Roto FriendJoined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:40 pmPosts: 88Location: I'm alive & well, where am i?
DAMN!! my bad for missing this...DAMN DAMN DAMN!!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:05 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:22 pmPosts: 90Location: Chicago
Gah! I totally should have got this when I had the chance. I wanted to think about it first, and now I feel like it should have been a no-brainer. CURSE YOU MONEY BUDGETING CONSCIOUS

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:07 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 amPosts: 1133Location: Germany
I must admit that although I love and admire Taxali's work I am not as stoked by the toy. I doesn't feel right for me, especially regarding the color scheme (the blue is too saturated). Also, I have the feeling that the toy would have been so much cooler if it was kept within the context of Taxali's genre and that could/should have been a tin toy. That is actually the reason why I love the recent toy by Glenn Barr quite a lot (wood instead of vinyl). And even though the monkey has been around longer than some other stuff that has come up in the recent time I have the feeling that a lot of it is produced just to chime in on the hype.

Och well,.... sorry for the rant

*shrugs*

:? :)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:44 pm
damn.

sold out.

:(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:48 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 amPosts: 278
Awesome toy!!!

Splendid Monstrous Beast http://splendidmonstrousbeast.blogspot.com/

Omni-Monster!!! (Kaiju Utopia) http://omni-monster.blogspot.com/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:20 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:41 pmPosts: 180Location: Wauconda!
[ idle. ] wrote:
I must admit that although I love and admire Taxali's work I am not as stoked by the toy. I doesn't feel right for me, especially regarding the color scheme (the blue is too saturated). Also, I have the feeling that the toy would have been so much cooler if it was kept within the context of Taxali's genre and that could/should have been a tin toy. That is actually the reason why I love the recent toy by Glenn Barr quite a lot (wood instead of vinyl). And even though the monkey has been around longer than some other stuff that has come up in the recent time I have the feeling that a lot of it is produced just to chime in on the hype.

Och well,.... sorry for the rant

*shrugs*

:? :)
Actually Taxali did make a wood one-handpainted. It was like $1000 or $1500, I can't remember. I think there might be a pic on his website.

The vinyl monkey is actually a very accurate representation of the monkey in the print named "Toy Monkey".

Hey Geo - you were probably one of the folks who ordered this directly from Chump Toys, right? The toy was delayed so Taxali sent us all serigraph prints called "Oh No" as a little something extra to compensate for the wait. Those were the days! I got that print, a Baseman print for the Toby delay, a Biskup t-shirt for the Calli delay, a set of Bwana mini-prints for the Steven delay...lots of cool stuff just for being patient! Seems nowadays similar situations just get ugly, which is too bad.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:30 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 amPosts: 278
Yes. I did get the "Oh No" print for the delay, and it is really nice! Back in the good old days...!!!

Splendid Monstrous Beast http://splendidmonstrousbeast.blogspot.com/

Omni-Monster!!! (Kaiju Utopia) http://omni-monster.blogspot.com/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:20 pm
Hello all,

All issues have been sorted out and I am officially firing up Chump Toys full steam ahead. I am working on my next toy which I hope to have out by the fall. In the meantime, thanks to everyone for their kind support!

As for toys currently available, I have my "Poof" Series 3 qee (2-1/2 inch) available signed for $12.

I also have, wait for it, a few DELUXE EDITION Original Toy Monkeys. The only thing that makes this baby a DELUXE EDITION is that it comes with a small 2 colour mini-print (postcard size), each one is signed by me (I also personalize) and a chance to win a FREE original piece of art from me. That is if your monkey is the one that comes with a Golden Tassle........only 50 of these in the DELUXE EDITION and they're going fast...! They're $200 plus $15 for shipping. And then that's it....no more monkeys. No black and white edition, nothing.

Click here for more info:

http://www.chumptoys.com

Thank you!
Best wishes to all,
Gary Taxali

p.s. What will be my next toy? Email me to be on my list to get firsthand news and updates: gary@garytaxali.com

http://www.chumptoys.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:14 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:06 pmPosts: 128Location: L.A.
Can't wait for the new toy :)

He'll sit right next to my Toy Monkey (once I get him back :D)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:06 pm
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:24 pmPosts: 46Location: New York
rc44 wrote:

me too! :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

Are you one step ahead of me this time? Hmmm. what happened to your
monkey?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:23 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:06 pmPosts: 128Location: L.A.
lulu wrote:
rc44 wrote:

me too! :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

Are you one step ahead of me this time? Hmmm. what happened to your
monkey?

Shhhh, it's a secret :wink: