<  In-Stock/Coming Soon  ~  Coarse Toys 64cm Pain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:50 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Originally based in Germany, and now calling Hong Kong home...Coarsetoys make some of the coolest highly-stylized figures out there. Cream and Switch were awesome 1:6 scale figures...and I'm stoked that we've got some Coarsetoys in our personal collection.

It's been a while since they released anything (unless you count the life sized stuff from last year)....but this new 1:3 scale figure is on his way over from HK soon (end of the month-ish):

Coarsetoys 1:3 "Flake" - Pain Edition

64cm (that's over 25 inches tall)
Design and Sculpt by Mark Landwehr

Retail price is $320.

Last edited by rotokirby on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:48 am
Roto FriendJoined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:35 pmPosts: 54
That's sick!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:16 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:05 pmPosts: 1
Accepting pre-order for this figure~?!? I'm interested very much.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:33 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:07 pmPosts: 125Location: 60657
incredible, i bet it must be amazing in person

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:07 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Wow!

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:41 am
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
Awesome! I love the contrast with the color scheme, and it sorta looks like it has some Micheal Lau inspiration to it. It's SO clean! :cool: :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:51 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:32 amPosts: 224Location: Bigger Than a Breadbox
The play with masculine/feminine features/style cues is really interesting. The face is very masculine-insane big brow, drooping intense mouth and strong jawline. But there is a tiny inclusion of lashes which would never me found on a piece unless there was some hinting to some odd softer side which goes along with the whole bandaging thing showing some sort of weakness--yet again contrasted with the masculine features of the face and almost Popeye like forearms. There is also a strange pooching on the belly under the intense abs--it would not be from fat but of musculature or an actual skeletal shape indicative of a more sizable pelvis as would be featured on a woman so one could say that though he is wounded he may somehow symbolize healing and regeneration and reproduction and further generations. But the almost overly pronounced V is an extremely masculine mark and also one of intense sexual attraction--a huge turn on and obvious indicator of sexual desires. Such as during the 20's in literature when any mention of clothes meant sex only the use of an actual body feature but one overlooked usually unless one is really horny. Or possibly it just looked cool...really could go either way.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5093001
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:12 pm
User avatarRoto AlumJoined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:24 amPosts: 309Location: chicago
collapsibleboat wrote:
The play with masculine/feminine features/style cues is really interesting. The face is very masculine-insane big brow, drooping intense mouth and strong jawline. But there is a tiny inclusion of lashes which would never me found on a piece unless there was some hinting to some odd softer side which goes along with the whole bandaging thing showing some sort of weakness--yet again contrasted with the masculine features of the face and almost Popeye like forearms. There is also a strange pooching on the belly under the intense abs--it would not be from fat but of musculature or an actual skeletal shape indicative of a more sizable pelvis as would be featured on a woman so one could say that though he is wounded he may somehow symbolize healing and regeneration and reproduction and further generations. But the almost overly pronounced V is an extremely masculine mark and also one of intense sexual attraction--a huge turn on and obvious indicator of sexual desires. Such as during the 20's in literature when any mention of clothes meant sex only the use of an actual body feature but one overlooked usually unless one is really horny. Or possibly it just looked cool...really could go either way.

wow dude. way to read a toy! will you write my thesis?! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:44 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:07 pmPosts: 125Location: 60657
jermy wrote:
collapsibleboat wrote:

wow dude. way to read a toy! will you write my thesis?! :wink:

haha seriously

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:52 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:32 amPosts: 224Location: Bigger Than a Breadbox
Well I did write my own...and oddly enough that was holding back...I tried really hard not to use the word dialectic... Can you tell I'm a recent art graduate...?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:58 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:13 pmPosts: 52
These always creeped me out a little, but the detail on them and their quality has always been incredible :o

ps - yay! I get to come visit the store on tuesday!! (i've only been there 3 times...so yes! I'm excited!) :razz:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:58 pm
User avatarRoto AlumJoined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:24 amPosts: 309Location: chicago
collapsibleboat wrote:
Well I did write my own...and oddly enough that was holding back...I tried really hard not to use the word dialectic... Can you tell I'm a recent art graduate...?

haha! awesome, well you're in good company. i recently got made fun of for saying a ginger bread house reminded me of a schwitters. i get to work on my thesis tonight, which makes me want to stick my finger in my eye.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:17 pm
My thesis didn't involve too much writing...it was fairly lax for my school... The art side of it was a lot more. I was working on the concepts and what-not for years before our thesis show. There were a few faculty reviews and a couple short papers...that was it. My blog has images from the show--but this thing is about the Coarse toy--which is awesome. The end. (true story).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:41 am
User avatarJoined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:30 pmPosts: 41Location: chicago
ohh wow. haha, i think "I Am Plastic" had a few pages of figures from Coarsetoys, i'll have to double check. but they were ridiculously cool and for someone like me who is in love with both designer toys aaaand action figures... this is some crazy wicked mix of pretty.

though that $320 sticker price is like a punch in the crotch... anybody wanna give me... $314?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:05 am
User avatarJoined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:30 pmPosts: 7Location: Brooklyn
brilliant edition. we know a release date yet?

Offline Profile