<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  In Plush We Trust Opening Night Photos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:48 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:35 amPosts: 144Location: London, UK
Oh dang that looked like a good time :-D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:33 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
Shawnimal wrote:
rotokirby wrote:
Luisa is an amazingly talented and creative 12-years-old. :D

No doubt! Her pieces are not only made well, but have really solid, creative concepts behind them. Excellent stuff.

talk about talent. i thought i was reading wrong when the caption mentioned she was holding one of her creations. she is definitely talented. it's nice to see such artistically gifted young kids taking part of something like this. i'm very impressed. how'd you hear about her, kirby?

Shawnimal wrote:
Thanks for picking up a couple! Which ones did you get if you don't mind me asking.

yeah, let's hear it. :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:09 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Pinky, did you get the one that you wanted????

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:43 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
Marinaro500 wrote:
Pinky, did you get the one that you wanted????

it turns out i wasn't so crazy about DOMA's plush. it was cool, i just wasn't quite feeling it. i was hoping their plush would be more along the lines of their other plush characters. but no worries as i picked up the white APAK "A" and jamous' little white plush. if i had more $, i'd pick up one of skwak's creations.

did you buy one?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:20 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:23 pmPosts: 446Location: Chicago
rotokirby wrote:
Big ups to Super Jen, August & James for helping out.

Super big ups to Shawn, Jen and Michelle for their help in curating, organizing, setting up and listening to me lose it once or twice. :D

Missed this earlier, but thank you, my friend. Was truly a labor of love. I couldn't have done it without the help of you and Mrs. Rotofugi. And truth be told, Kirby was the genius behind the grayscale portion of the In Plush We Trust concept. :-D

And I also extend a hearty thanks to Jen, August and James for lending a helping hand on opening night. Much appreciated.

Shawnimals
http://www.shawnimals.com/
http://www.ninjatown.com/
http://www.professorisland.com/
http://www.plushform.com/
"I'm surrounded by fat spidermen" - M500
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:47 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon May 23, 2005 1:42 amPosts: 945Location: so. california
HAHA wow good stuff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:27 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 amPosts: 547Location: Boston, MA
Are there any board regulars in those pics at all? Who's who?

Whitney, fresh button!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:44 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pmPosts: 635Location: East Village, Chicago
pezboy wrote:
Whitney, fresh button!!

It is the one button that is a mainstay on my jacket. All of the others rotate, but that one has held tight since you were kind enough to send it to Kirby and I was kind enough to steal it from him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:49 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Celena -- Luisa came to us and we heartily agreed to stock her plush in the store.

Pezboy -- Close inspection of the photos will reveal veggiesomething, phoneticontrol and Shawnimal in the photos. You'll also see infrequent poster and friend Jenn helping out as well as roTobias on the virtual decks and banzai6 helping at the bar. Marinaro500 had to work, and ooo000ooo came towards the end of the evening after I had put the camera down. I also had great conversation with iccdp (newer forum member, but if you visit some of the other boards you'll recognize the name).

If they want to post photos of themselves I'll leave that up to them. :)

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:11 pm
:(
I missed another show :(

I had to get out of town this weekend, and just returned. I'll have to stop by and check out the gallery when I get a moment.

I too am amazed how talented Luisa is. I'm sure some toy makers would love to see the world through her eyes. It kinda reminds me of the movie Big :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:21 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon May 23, 2005 1:42 amPosts: 945Location: so. california
Is there gonna be another one of these shows soon I so want to enter my stuff I'll post pics up soon :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:33 pm
User avatarJoined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:26 amPosts: 2Location: Greencastle, IN
I wish Maria and I could have made it for the opening, but we had too much going on - appendectomy recovery, head colds, and I had a show that I had to get up as well.

Everything looks fantastic. I love Cupco's KISS nod. It's also good to see Luisa sticking with the Coke that night instead of going straight for the hard stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:55 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Blobby Farmer wrote:
I wish Maria and I could have made it for the opening, but we had too much going on - appendectomy recovery, head colds, and I had a show that I had to get up as well.

Everything looks fantastic. I love Cupco's KISS nod. It's also good to see Luisa sticking with the Coke that night instead of going straight for the hard stuff.

Welcome to the forums Blobby Farmers! We LOVE the plush you guys did for the show, thanks so much for participating.

And yes, Luisa stuck to the soft drinks, thankfully our bartender carded her. :p (just a joke!)

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:06 pm
rotokirby wrote:
Blobby Farmer wrote:

Welcome to the forums Blobby Farmers! We LOVE the plush you guys did for the show, thanks so much for participating.

i just took a look at your website, blobby. you have some awesome plushes! which plush was yours at the show? is it the blue, black, & white one hanging on the wall?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:13 pm
User avatarJoined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:26 amPosts: 2Location: Greencastle, IN
pinkish_hue wrote:
. . .which plush was yours at the show? is it the blue, black, & white one hanging on the wall?

We had four pieces in the show. Two of them are in that picture - the one with the blue lips and the one just above that blowing some wind. Thanks for the compliment. We're always happy to find people that like the Blobbies.