<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  BISKUP = FUN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:32 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:46 amPosts: 113Location: San Francisco, CA
ooo000ooo wrote:
* note that hoodie is only made for women... jenn made me try it on to prove it.

Case in point.

-nik!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:52 am
User avatarRoto HelperJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:34 amPosts: 157Location: chicago
pezboy wrote:
Why is Jenn sulking in that pic? Did somebody take away her other beer??

Pshaw! I am sulking because:

A) if it is sometime after 10pm in this photo, that's my first beer of the night, or
B) if it is before 10pm in this photo, that's someone else's beer I'm holding. And finally,
C) holy crap! My hair has fallen flat.

I really like the Bandolier sweatshirt because it's very thick and cozy and warm without feeling too bulky. It's probably too 'cropped' for some boys to wear comfortably, but the cut is really nice for a girl. I find I consistently like the cut of Gama-go sweaters.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:42 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
a few random pics...

Alpha-Riot=Amazing

Postcards=Limited

Chocolate=Yummy

Joe=Happy

Joe=Hunter

Sigs=Still wet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:52 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:06 amPosts: 127Location: ireland
M500

Serious Kerrching $$$$ :shock:

very cool GID

oh yeah, what beer was there??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:56 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:40 amPosts: 148Location: Ohio
damn...that sucks about the hoodie...i love it!

m500, lucky you scorin that gid egg qee.
wanna sell??? :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:21 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:09 pmPosts: 165Location: St. Louis, MO
My girlfreind and I had a great time in Chicago this weekend and wanted to say thanks to everyone we talked to. Thank's especially to M500, M500's wife, Whitney and Kirby, my girlfreind is looking forward to trips back for future shows. Unfortunatley we forgot our camera. Luckily M500 was the evening's paparazzi, so I'm going to need to get a few from him.

Kirby and Whitney couldn't have done a better job pulling this off and all I saw were happy faces from everyone who went through the line. I've been fortunate enough to have gone to several Biskup signings, and this one is my personal favorite. I'll post pictures of my weekend acquisitions later (including a couple paintings I got at DVA Gallery). Hopefully the big blue will dry one of these days. (Tim said to blame Miles Thompson for the crappy marker that doesn't seem to want to dry, so I am.)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:39 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:36 pmPosts: 129Location: Evanston, IL
Looks like it was fun. And an improvement with a full sized table and chair for the artist vs. the Ikea kid's table & stools of Horror On Tour (I realize they were youngin's, but they didn't look comfortable crouched down signing all night).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:50 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
ooo000ooo wrote:
* note that hoodie is only made for women... jenn made me try it on to prove it.

Yeah, he looked like a girl in it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:16 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
whyphilosophy wrote:
ooo000ooo wrote:

Case in point.

-nik!

hahahaha, great shot. besides girls, i think only vegan-thin hipster boys can pull off wearing that hoodie.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:40 pm
FunTimes at Roto!! Here is a quick and dirty shot of my signed acid head and april's munny
and here's a shot at the end of the night :eek:
Indeed, the pen that Tim was using was really really wet :razz:

Thanks again to Kirby and Whitney, and of course Tim Biskup for a memorable evening. I'm looking forward to getting the print and having it framed (our first).

It was nice hanging out with everyone ... See ya'll again soon!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:45 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Couch Fort Tim wrote:
Looks like it was fun. And an improvement with a full sized table and chair for the artist vs. the Ikea kid's table & stools of Horror On Tour (I realize they were youngin's, but they didn't look comfortable crouched down signing all night).

We actually didn't plan for any signing at Horror on Tour, though obviously we should have...

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:18 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pmPosts: 758Location: chicago
i think we just sort of ambushed tado and chris. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:03 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:22 amPosts: 160Location: Burbank, California
Quote:
i think we just sort of ambushed tado and chris.

Yeah James, what's with that anyway?? hahah :) jk.

on another note...

Cleo's is the best bar that I've ever been to.....EVER haha. Until then, I didn't realize "bar-food" would be so freaking tasty! haha. See you Roto's in about a week at Toy Fair whoo hoo!

www.thebeastisback.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:51 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
LinearAccelerator don't ever try PSing again, unless U were going for the money shot.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:02 am
Chris Cleo's must love Rotofugi cuz they bring the peeps in starving, best burger I've had in a long time, I think, I don't remember tasting it but it felt really good.

Offline Profile