<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  Past Exhibit: Altered States

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:15 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:35 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Thanks for posting those! Way better than my photos...

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:36 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
Holy Sh!t... Those picture make me more envious that I didn't go last night...

NEway, thanks for the pics, ooo000ooo.... :(

I'll defiantly buy some from the online store when it's up...(I hope the "good" ones are up. ;) )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:32 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 amPosts: 974Location: Midwest Reppin' since '81
That Baseball furie destroy's........F%$#ing DESTROYS!

http://www.raventheorycollective.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:59 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 1035Location: Mundelein, IL
Holy crap. What a great show. World class.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:36 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:59 amPosts: 173Location: Chicago USA
show was f*#! awesome, major respect to everyone.

good times at black beetle as well.

kirby - you shoulda jumped in the bboy circle haha.

Now available at Rotofugi...we love you!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:00 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Loads of fun!

Great to meet Jeremy, what a cool cat, and it's always great to hang with my boy, Sket-One!!! All of the customs were incredible, TweeQim's stuff is mind-bending, Jeremy's are so clean that they look like production models, and Sket's stuff just makes me happy when I look at it!

my pics from last night are in the ROTOMAFIA 9/9/06 thread in the "Everything Else" section!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:01 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
Wow the show looked awesome. Great job to everyone, thanks for the photos Brian.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:43 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:58 amPosts: 83Location: Bay Area
DAMN that looks like ne helluva show!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:45 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
Do you guys still have the print that's above the DJ picture, and the egyptian Teddy Trooper? :D

BTW, the first piece looks HUGE! :eek:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:08 pm
Roto FriendJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:04 amPosts: 102Location: gundO, cali
well, it offical, we are more depressed about missing the opening than we imagined we would be.....and the great pix didnt help (but hell yeah, thanx for posting them!).......
really bummed we did not get to hang out with Whit and Kirb, and with Sket (and meeting Jeremy for the first time)........and of course, meeting new faces to familiar names, along with all together new people.........a real bummer for us.
we had been talking about this show for a year, and it finally came to flesh, and here we are, on the west coast on the night of its birth.
it was an honor to share space with two of our heros, and to share it on ground that feels like family to us.........so major, major thanx to Sket and Jeremy for being up to this, and i hope it is the beginning of more like it in our future.
and super duper uber love, respect, and thanx to the Fugis for everything that they put up with from our camp........a lot of twists and turns in our story this year, and you guys aborbed all of it......we really thank you for your support, and patience.....you guys are the best.

we will be there next time......with more work, and a child in tow.

thnx again, everybody!
miQ and Thuy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:38 am
Roto IdolJoined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:57 pmPosts: 85Location: New Haven, CT
Ahhhh, no worries Miq I think me Jeremy did of fine job of consuming enough alcohol for you and Thuy for the next year!! Thanks to Chicago for always showing this east coaster it can hang hard! With hosts like Whit and Kirb it's great place to be!

Thanks to everyone who came out and partied, sorry for bouncing early from the grill, but I found it necessary to sit in the rain until 5:30 am (Looooong Story).

looking forward to making more great memories with you guys!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:52 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:05 pmPosts: 1055Location: chicago
the show rocked. the pieces were absolutely insane. i cringe in jealousy. as always, it was cool seeing most of the rotomafia there. nice meeting you sket!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:29 am
Roto FriendJoined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:17 pmPosts: 55Location: London UK
Here are some updated photos.
Custom D*Dog/Qee
Shamen Baby Qee a doodle for the Rotofugis.
Just this minute arrived back in the UK and 8 pounds heavier and still hungover!
It was a ball and a pleasure to meet so many talented and gracious Chicagonites (is that correct?) I will keep in touch with you all on the Roto board as my new 'family'
Let's do it again sometime in the not too distant future. It was FUN!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:09 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Glad to hear you're home safe and sound Jeremy! It was, indeed, a fantastic time and we shall certainly have to find a reason to visit London now.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile