<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  Past Exhibit: My Pal, Sookie La La. by Hello, Brute

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:33 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:58 pmPosts: 144Location: Avondale
neat stuff and a fun show. even if it was ballshrinking cold out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:25 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:16 pmPosts: 66Location: Chicago-ish
Awesome show. I'm still awe struck (as well as freezer burned). And, for the record, the weather was nothing compared to the quality of Jon's work.

Oh, and it was nice to meet some of you regulars and boarders as well. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:35 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 amPosts: 974Location: Midwest Reppin' since '81
Missed another one! I am so bummed, I need to start coming out more and painting less. :sad:

http://www.raventheorycollective.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:19 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
what a fantastic shot! it's so colorful!

what, no pics of the man himself??

congrats on a great show, jon! i'm drooling over "sookie lala's first day in heaven." is it a painting or giclee? also, is it on wood or canvas? it's brilliant! i wish i could afford it right now. it'd look stunning amongst my TADO pieces. *sigh*

Last edited by pinkish_hue on Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:45 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:40 pmPosts: 104Location: detroit
i wonder if all the canvases sold...id love to get my hands on one!
im still sad i missed this show :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:52 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:15 amPosts: 346Location: San Francisco, CA
whew, back in raleigh already!

what an awesome weekend! thanks again to everyone that came out. it was awesome to meet shawn and jeremiah and the other chicago artists that dropped by. you guys rock!!!

celena, sookie's first day in heaven is a print on canvas. it's a big one too! (40" x 30" if i remember correctly) there are probably photos of me floating around somehwere online. (eek!) i think joe actually snapped one. :eek:

ophelia, i think there may be one canvas left. k or w would be able to tell you better than i would.

thanks again everyone, you guys are the best :TCIMH-SmileRoto:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:03 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
thanks for the info, jon! i'm obsessed with that piece. i can't stop looking at it. it's fantastic! and with it being so large, it must be most impressive in person. do you happen to have a high res shot of it? i can't quite see everything in it.

as for a pic of you floating around, i did see joe's phone cam shot of you both, but i was hoping to see more! :wink:

with regards to the canvases that are left, according to the email kirby sent yesterday, two are available (jake's younger brother (shown above) and sookie lala's first day in heaven) with one pending (abe's birthday party).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:08 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:15 amPosts: 346Location: San Francisco, CA
thanks celena! that sounds about right to me. i'll have to dig around my mac and see if i can find a shot of sookie in heaven. it's a whopper of a file!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:13 pm
Hello, Brute wrote:
thanks celena! that sounds about right to me. i'll have to dig around my mac and see if i can find a shot of sookie in heaven. it's a whopper of a file!!

okay, thanks. :) if you can't find it, no worries. i'll just bug kirby for one, ha.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:29 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:10 amPosts: 711Location: Buffalo
will the unsold stuff be available online at some point?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:07 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
bubbanumber3 wrote:
will the unsold stuff be available online at some point?

Yes, today or tomorrow probably...but if anyone wants a list, just email me at kirby@rotofugi.com and we'll get it to you toot sweet!

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:42 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:38 pmPosts: 799
H.B your my hero.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:12 pm
aw thanks, tinker :)

this one's for celena!

(that's me on the right)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:52 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pmPosts: 1678Location: NYC
Jon, can you give me more info on the middle deck (black and white one) Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:58 pm
What info do ya need?