<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  Past Exhibit: Nature Calls by David van Alphen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:16 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
FireOnAMatch wrote:
agitprop wrote:
A parade of people dressed like bunnies, complete with horn section, showed up and invaded the gallery. Kirby kicked them all out and they continued down the street. Pretty wild. I think you'd call it a "flash mob".

Yeah, but they must have done something else that was totally out of line to get Kirby to kick them out of the gallery... :?

Like forcing their way into an already crowded art gallery? Pushing people? Generally being disrespectful?

I know our openings can be a little crazy and a lot crowded, but in the end it is still an ART opening, not a free-for-all party...and it certainly is not a stage for roving bunnies. Most, if not all, the people that were at the opening were there to see the art, not listen to some guy dressed in a bunny suit play the trombone.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:06 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Kirby's like a loaded spring...that hates bunnys! Who's Hate for Bunnys is only eclipsed by Ryan's! And Ken was wearing his Killface.

Last edited by iccdp on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:50 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
free beer!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:56 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Joe you should have seen the look on Kens face... it was eppic! I was stunned I think James got a shot.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:24 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
he told me how angry it made him

anarchy in the streets

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:24 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:08 pmPosts: 385Location: Rotoland
Sounds like a good time was had by all. Wish we could have made it.

Ron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:25 am
was there more than one plush?

any left?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:33 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:08 pmPosts: 909
not to expand upon the incident at the gallery but, mind you these were grown ass people dressed up in bunny suits, pushing and just having to get their message across...I don't think anybody agreed with what they were doing. If they were like say 16-18 years old, I would sort of be like ah, teenage angst, youth, blah blah blah, but when you're 30 and still trying to get attention in that manner, that just pisses me the hell off. Also to barge in on an opening, knowing that it's some else's artshow - it's his spotlight so why rain on his parade? LIKE GO GET A JOB HIPPY!

I think Kirby did the right thing because I was like five minutes away from punching one of the fat bunnies.

Otherwise, again the show looked awesome, right down to the paper mache letters!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:48 am

yeah...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:52 am
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:07 amPosts: 357Location: Animal Town
the show was awesome. Its nice to get a little nature in the city once in a while. missed the bunnies though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:59 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:01 amPosts: 56Location: indianapolis
What, I missed bunnies!!! Damn it, I’ve been waiting all year to use my marshmallow peep firing bazooka!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:00 pm
User avatarJoined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:43 pmPosts: 9Location: Chicago
I appreciate all the nice comments. Thank you all for coming out to the show. Also thanks to Roto for thowing a great party...I mean ART show.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:45 pm
User avatarJoined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:16 pmPosts: 39Location: Chicago
aaawwwww,
I missed the f*#! bunnies! Thats a good thing, cuse they looked very punchable. I love punching hippies who think they are cute and smart.
Looks like a great show. Cograts dave! I wish I could have made it, but I had to attend a few openings with my art up also that night.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:51 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:42 pmPosts: 106Location: Columbus, OH
Holy Hell! :eek: Just looked at some of the flickr pictures and I swear one of the bunny ear gals was at Camille Rose Garcia's show last spring. Yep another bunny spotting. Whoa. Kirby kickin' some arse :D

Operation: Fragmentation
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:44 am
Everything looked great David, the stuff all went well together. I had a really good time! I liked the bunnys, not soo much the clean suit dorks.

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile