<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  Past Exhibit: Toy Karma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:54 pm
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:37 pmPosts: 4Location: san francisco, CA
I'm back.. in body only my mind is so wiped out ! First and foremost a huge kaiju thank you to Kirby and Whitney and the amazing Rotofugi staff for making Toy Karma the outstanding show it is !!!! I have to say, they all put in very long hours for the pre sell and gallery set up .. really put all their heart and soul into it .. and as you can see the results are far beyond my expectations ! and of course thank you to the fans and collectors some of whom flew great distances to attend and score the exclusives ! Believe me your dedication truely impressed me .. I do not think I would have camped over night for an ultraman exclusive ;-) (ha-ha, well maybe I would ! ) Many thanks to all who I spoke with on opening night.. sorry if i was in a daze ;-) and of course my thanks go out to all the artists and companies who participated .. really the show is nothing without them and their support ! Ok show runs to the end of this month and I'm sure what has not sold will make it's way to the web site very soon. I enjoyed the little bit of Chicago I saw and will return soon ;-)

www.captainmaxx.com
http://toykarma.blogspot.com/
www.toykarma.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:49 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 amPosts: 278
And a big thanks to you, Mark!!!

Splendid Monstrous Beast http://splendidmonstrousbeast.blogspot.com/

Omni-Monster!!! (Kaiju Utopia) http://omni-monster.blogspot.com/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:09 pm
User avatarJoined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:51 pmPosts: 35Location: KC
rotokirby wrote:
Furthermore, if the remaining Blobpus sell out quickly, we've already got approval from Blobpus to do a second run....so don't pay flipper prices yet!

Please make this happen Kirby. Looks like I missed my first chance, but I would love another. Thanks.

:D

Edit: Just ordered one through the pre-order. Thank you so much for getting more of these made. Blobpus is my weakness.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:24 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
brooks55 wrote:
rotokirby wrote:
Furthermore, if the remaining Blobpus sell out quickly, we've already got approval from Blobpus to do a second run....so don't pay flipper prices yet!

Please make this happen Kirby. Looks like I missed my first chance, but I would love another. Thanks.

:D

Edit: Just ordered one through the pre-order. Thank you so much for getting more of these made. Blobpus is my weakness.

You're quite welcome. We're doing our best to give collectors what they want whether it be Western, Eastern, Vinyl, Resin, Plastic, Plush....whatever!

And if anyone is curious...these "second runs" are NOT "open runs"... we worked out a limit before hand with both RealXHead and Blobpus so that we could get these into collectors hands at a reasonable price. It does not mean they're making hundreds of them, just that we wanted to make sure that people stood a fair chance at getting them for retail. The runs are still very small, especially compared to your standard size western vinyl edition.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:49 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:53 amPosts: 47
GAWH!!!! I was watching the site all day than had to go home from work and missed the Cronic piece! Whateeeeeeevs. I got my Green Chaos, that matters most :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:35 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:37 pmPosts: 87
Hey Kirby -
Thanks for the online offers today. Things got a little slow, but your server pulled through! So were you and Whitney taking shifts chanting and fanning cool air? What ever you did, it worked! Arigato, arigato gozaimasu!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:35 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:01 amPosts: 151Location: London, UK
show looks so damn cool :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:35 am
User avatarJoined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:46 pmPosts: 23Location: Atlanta, GA
thanks roto! bought my first real kaiju pieces today. the cronic gid and the damnedrons. what are the runs on these?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:47 am
User avatarJoined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:53 amPosts: 47
Here Here for Rotofugi! Great stuff! Though I could only view it all via the internet. The production releases are some of the best from these compaines in months, and the new Clap Monster toy looks amazing! I don't even LIKE Cronic fight figures (prefer the Dorogamis and Doromes) but that one made me WANT it (still do erg.) Chaos is great, like St.Patricks day (very Chicago) and the customs are nuts. Great stuff and I'm glad you guys will be doing more Kaiju in the future, it's great that this opened doors for you. Maybe I'll be back in my home town next time you do something Kaiju-ish and I can hang out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:14 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Blooddrinker wrote:
Here Here for Rotofugi! Great stuff! Though I could only view it all via the internet. The production releases are some of the best from these compaines in months, and the new Clap Monster toy looks amazing! I don't even LIKE Cronic fight figures (prefer the Dorogamis and Doromes) but that one made me WANT it (still do erg.) Chaos is great, like St.Patricks day (very Chicago) and the customs are nuts. Great stuff and I'm glad you guys will be doing more Kaiju in the future, it's great that this opened doors for you. Maybe I'll be back in my home town next time you do something Kaiju-ish and I can hang out.

I'll be working on full documentation of the show over the next week once we get through all the orders for exclusives and get stuff shipped.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:11 am
Kirby, may I ask you how long Rotofugi is going to accept preorders for Blobpus?
I mean you said that re-run and total release numbers will be strictly limited by preorders, but it's more than a week since the show and every true fan already secured one. so what's the point to keep accepting preorders?
preorders number is too low for re-run? so re-run amount has a lower limit no matter how many preorders filled? It seems to be true, because preorder for green chaos rerun was closed just in a couple of days after show. Blob is not that popular, so blobus will be sitting here forever until preorder limit is not filled...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:10 pm
mikimaus wrote:
Kirby, may I ask you how long Rotofugi is going to accept preorders for Blobpus?
I mean you said that re-run and total release numbers will be strictly limited by preorders, but it's more than a week since the show and every true fan already secured one. so what's the point to keep accepting preorders?
preorders number is too low for re-run? so re-run amount has a lower limit no matter how many preorders filled? It seems to be true, because preorder for green chaos rerun was closed just in a couple of days after show. Blob is not that popular, so blobus will be sitting here forever until preorder limit is not filled...

We have a minimum order for the Blobpus that we haven't met yet. We've placed the order already and the figures will be made, but there's no reason for us to stop taking orders until we meet the quantity we've already ordered.

On the Chaos we maxed out...a total of 100 pieces will be made (including those that were sold at the opening).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:33 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:01 pmPosts: 61Location: az
what is the run on the rotofugi blobpus kirby?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:02 am
bottled wrote:
what is the run on the rotofugi blobpus kirby?

I believe the total is going to be 55 pieces.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:12 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:01 pmPosts: 61Location: az
cool. thanks!

Offline Profile