<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  DvA Gallery Merging with Rotofugi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:43 pm
Roto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:36 pmPosts: 1284Location: Chicago, suburbs
I just found a thread describing that the current DvA Gallery is going to close and will be merging with the space over at the store.

"Dear friends, family, artists and patrons of DvA Gallery. As of September 28th, DvA Gallery will be closing it's Lincoln Park location and merging with Rotofugi Toy Store & Gallery. I will be taking on the role of Gallery Curator and together we'll continue to bring you the best art / artists around!"

...And here's more info: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29391&forum=1&4

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the outcome of this will be, as you guys will now have a curator for the gallery. The shows with Tara and Kozik sound awesome, BTW! :) Good luck to David with the project, this sounds very interesting. :cool:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
Yes, the lineup is impressive. Rotofugi gallery has plans to more than double it space and bring some great shows to Chicago. Go Roto! Power to David!

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:02 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:21 amPosts: 146
Brilliant! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:13 pm
User avatarRoto AlumJoined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:24 amPosts: 309Location: chicago
holy crap! this is exciting news!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:32 pm
User avatarJoined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:43 pmPosts: 9Location: Chicago
Thanks for the kind words. I am totally excited too. It is definitely going to be a great 2009. Also with the expansion of the gallery we'll be able to bring even more awesomeness to Rotofugi!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:31 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
Can't wait! I never had the chance to go to DvA but was planning on going when you had mcbess, unfortunately this won't happen at DvA but now we will get a double show at RotoFugi!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:39 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
Bump!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:43 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:54 amPosts: 1886Location: Chicago
I saw the new space yesterday, looks great! All and all it's like over twice as big, and is aside from some small appointments it almost finished. Great job Kirby, David and Ed! No matter the weather, join us for the opening of 2009 on Friday, January 16, 2009 6-9pm " The new 2009 " Rotofugi gallery it will be something special. IMO (I have opinions just not humble ones,)

Dyspeptic Ross Sparrow
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:16 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:05 pmPosts: 1055Location: chicago
i wish i could =(