<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  TADO X Urbanites

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:46 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:34 pmPosts: 80
Wow...that was a fantastic show and really fun night thanks to everyone involved (including Mister and Missus Freebooze! heh). It was nice to finally meet Kirby and Whitney after some time of just being a faceless customer (got myself a face just in time for the show). Tado and Christopher made some killer collaboration pieces- their characters styles are different but they worked super well together. It's amazing to think about all the work that must have gone into making that art over such a great distance. And they're such cool people to talk with. It was very cool to meet the people from the boards and have some great conversations with them- Andrew Bell, Linear, pezboy (sorry about flinging the chicken and rice everywhere...whatta idiot I am), ooooooooo, MAD, Richard, phonetic, Shawn, and just everyone else I talked to. It certainly was worth the trip from Florida...and I can't wait to come up again!

Dave :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:55 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:40 amPosts: 148Location: Ohio
is the person that bought the "duffle" canvas on the boards???
i hesitated on buyin it as well, and am kickin myself now...
if you got it, i want it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:11 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon May 23, 2005 1:42 amPosts: 945Location: so. california
xTheUrbanitesx wrote:
Quote:
hmm still confused about the whole contest thing.

Just to make it clear, there was never to be a judging of the entries in any shape or form. It was purely a completely blind drawing from all the entries that we received :)

Ah oke :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:47 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california

does anyone have close-up pics of the canvas directly to the right of the big two-panel piece as well as one of the canvas below the flying boy piece??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:14 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:31 pmPosts: 136
if anyone has the giant pork or know where i could get one...please let me know i really want one!!!! oh gosh i'm going to be sad now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:17 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
pinkish_hue wrote:

does anyone have close-up pics of the canvas directly to the right of the big two-panel piece as well as one of the canvas below the flying boy piece??

Both "Mr. Thicket" and "Minky" are available as prints...both will be on our online store shortly (a day or two at most)...

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:23 pm
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:44 pmPosts: 3587Location: so. california
rotokirby wrote:
pinkish_hue wrote:

Both "Mr. Thicket" and "Minky" are available as prints...both will be on our online store shortly (a day or two at most)...

werd. thanks kirby!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:30 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
pinkish_hue wrote:
rotokirby wrote:
pinkish_hue wrote:

werd. thanks kirby!

...and what I meant to say, was that you'd be able to get a good look at them then....

double-werd!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:48 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:22 amPosts: 160Location: Burbank, California
Here are the detailed images of the pieces. Sorry for the delay everyone! I'm still unpacking my stuff :) I'm glad everyone had such a good time. To those who couldn't make it, your enthusiasm made it feel like you were there anyway! Enjoy the images!

The Centerpice 21"x40" (each panel)

"Minky" 12x17"

"Buried" 12x17"

"Mr. Thicket" 12x17"

"Leonard" 12x17"

"Candy Pirates Abroad" 16x23"

"Papa" 16x23"

"Duffle" 8x18"

"Walking Sam" 8x8"

www.thebeastisback.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:50 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:22 amPosts: 160Location: Burbank, California
Does anyone know why I keep getting a massive "blank space" below my posts with images? I have no extra hard returns or anything :/ Sorry for the scrolling.

www.thebeastisback.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:04 pm
thank you so much, chris! minky is awesome! that's the only one i really couldn't see very well in all the photos. the detail on each piece is amazing. i have downloaded them all and will now make them my desktops! woo hoo!

hmm, what spaces? i don't see any large spaces, mr. lee. are you trippin'? i think you're trippin' .. haha.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:26 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 amPosts: 547Location: Boston, MA
Chris, I get the blank space too. It may be Safari or something...haven't bothered to look in any other browser though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:30 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:16 pmPosts: 118Location: Glasgow, Scotland
xTheUrbanitesx wrote:
Does anyone know why I keep getting a massive "blank space" below my posts with images? I have no extra hard returns or anything :/ Sorry for the scrolling.

Hey Chris :)

I'm sure it's just the size of your avatar and all the text under it that sets the minimum size of your posts - that's where the "blank space" comes from.

And btw - those prints are AMAZING!!!!!! I think I want/need all of them :shock:

^A^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:53 pm
Prints will be available through our online store on the following items...

.... Horror on Tour (aka...the centerpiece) 2- 13x19 prints $170/set

.... Papa 1- 13x19 print $90

.... Candy Pirates Abroad 1- 13x19 print $90

.... Minky 1- 13x19 print $90

.... Mr. Thicket 1- 13x19 print $90

All are signed/numbered editions of 10. They will be shipping flat in a rigid cardboard stay flat envelope with a foamboard backer.

The cost of the prints includes a shipping surcharge of $5 for the extra safe packing materials...

They'll be online yet this evening so we will not be taking additional holds or pre-orders as we have to settle our inventory and make sure we don't oversell the prints.

The Horror on Tour Exclusive Print (18x24 -- edition of 50 -- $100 -- not shown above) will be sold through the Wheaty Wheat site sometime soon as well. We have a few to be sold in our store, but these will only be offered online by Wheaty Wheat.

Thanks for understanding...and if you're hoping for a print, good luck! :)

Last edited by rotokirby on Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:41 pm
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 amPosts: 547Location: Boston, MA
Alright...here we go.

The weekend was awesome...Kirby and Whitney are basically the best people ever. Ever!! The show/drinks/food/drinks/hanging out/drinks/etc couldn't have been better! I'm glad that so many people came out for the opening so I could put a face to the names on here...as well as meet some non-board regulars in the store. There's such a great group out there, which was great to be a part of. If ANYBODY I met this weekend ever ends up in or near Boston...let me know. Chicago was great...big thanks go out to everyone.

Pinkish, here is the custom...crappy pics but it's the best I can do for now. If you take a look at Mr. Thicket, you may recognize this fellow.

Kirby, looks like the sig thing is working now...I guess it only works on new posts. Jenn is gonna kill me because she suggested that, and I shot it down. :D

Last edited by pezboy on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.