<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  Toy Karma II exclusives

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:37 am
Will you post the prices of the Toy Karma 2 exclusives before the event? I need to make sure that I have enough money for the items that I want :lol:

-Minh

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
Yep, will do.

Also, preview list goes out tomorrow....I'll post here and on the Toy Karma 2 blog when I know the exact time.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 pm
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
I am sorry this has taken me so long to post, but I have finally calculated the pricing on the exclusives.The dollar to yen conversion right now and the inflated price of shipping is making these a little more expensive than I would like, but I hope you find these prices reasonable at least.

We are very honored to be able to work with these fantastic artists to produce these releases in celebration of the opening of Toy Karma 2!

Charactics Bop Dragon – $85
Elegab Shuttlegon – $135
Real Head Evil Bat – $60
Rumble Monsters Damnedron – $85
Rumble Monsters Mini Damnedron – $35
Skull Toys Dock n’ Roll 1 – $70
Sunguts Suiko x 4 Poses – $35 each
The Clap Monsters Zaran – $120
The Lake Monsters Big Muscamoot – $60
Yamomark Kinoko-Jiiru Otoko – $95
Zollmen Zudon – $115
Zollmen MG5 – $115

Remember, first chance to buy the exclusives will be at tomorrow night’s opening. We will begin handing out line tickets for exclusives at noon when we open. Thank you!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:42 am
User avatarJoined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:21 pmPosts: 12
Any word on how many of these are available?

Thanks for posting the prices, we are definitely making the trip up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:37 pm
User avatarRoto HelperJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:34 amPosts: 157Location: chicago
Speaking of toy exclusives!

As a reminder, you'll probably want a ticket to ensure a spot in "line." Since noon, we've been doling out tickets to anyone who wants a shot at buying an exclusive toy. The toys are first-come, first-served -- that is, sold in order of ticket number.

And! We still have tickets, so for your chance at a toy exclusive, drop by anytime today/tonight and ask for a ticket at the desk. (Charlie or I will be here!)

:)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:10 pm
The wife and I are absolutely unable to make it tonight. We were going to come up Monday, but we have moved things around and we will be there right around noon on Sunday.

We are very excited. Even if all the exclusives do end up being sold out, this looks like a fun trip.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:36 pm
User avatarRoto HelperJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:34 amPosts: 157Location: chicago
Well, sir. We still have some toy exclusives, and we'll be unlocking the exhibit next door throughout Sunday (and beyond!). Drop by!

P.S. Remaining toy exclusives should also go online in the next... you know, a few days from now. So keep yer eyes peeled!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:36 am
Unfortunately, the wife and I were completely unable to make it up. Huge disappointment for us :( . Luckily we were able to snag the exclusives that we were salivating over online tonight (we were refreshing the page pretty much all day long Monday, and into the night.)

We hope the show went great for everyone! Hopefully we can still manage to come check out the store in a few months. It looks like a great excuse to take a trip, exhibit or no.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:24 pm
Had a great time in Chicago this past weekend. People at Roto were great, SmilingIdiot was a pretty awesome guide (especially since he brought us to Smoque), and meeting new people is always interesting. TK3 in 2 years!! I hope so!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:12 pm
Frank, sorry you couldn't make it but glad you were able to snag what you wanted anyway...exhibit is up through the 20th. ;)

Bert, always a pleasure running into you, wherever it is!

Everyone else...thank you for an awesome opening! Pretty much everyone involved kicked ass and made me remember why we put ourselves through doing a giant group show.

TK3 will definitely be on in Fall 2011. Count on it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:57 pm
User avatarJoined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 pmPosts: 2
I really wish I could have come down to see the exhibit in person. Congrats on the spectacular show. Still happy to have picked up a few items. Speaking of, are invoices still planned to be sent in the week following the end of the exhibit? :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:51 am
zincsaucier442 wrote:
I really wish I could have come down to see the exhibit in person. Congrats on the spectacular show. Still happy to have picked up a few items. Speaking of, are invoices still planned to be sent in the week following the end of the exhibit? :-D

We'll be finalizing the packing (right now everything is nicely bubble wrapped, but needs to be boxed still) in the next 2-3 days.

Then we'll start sending shipping invoices on Friday....or maybe Monday/Tuesday.

Big group show, and the brush charity auction are starting Friday so I'm a little torn in two directions. Thanks for your patience. ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:29 am
User avatarJoined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 pmPosts: 2
rotokirby wrote:
We'll be finalizing the packing (right now everything is nicely bubble wrapped, but needs to be boxed still) in the next 2-3 days.

Then we'll start sending shipping invoices on Friday....or maybe Monday/Tuesday.

Big group show, and the brush charity auction are starting Friday so I'm a little torn in two directions. Thanks for your patience. ;)

Awesome! You and everyone at Roto are so on top of things! I'm really curious to see what Chicago has to offer with the "My Kind of Town" show. I'll definitely be checking out the preview list.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:25 pm
User avatarRoto JunkieJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 amPosts: 278
Really looking forward to seeing Kirby's pics from the TK2 show!!!

Splendid Monstrous Beast http://splendidmonstrousbeast.blogspot.com/

Omni-Monster!!! (Kaiju Utopia) http://omni-monster.blogspot.com/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:35 am
geo wrote:
Really looking forward to seeing Kirby's pics from the TK2 show!!!

I'm afraid I didn't take that many photos at the opening, but some day in the next few weeks I'm going to try to get photos of the gallery I took color corrected and posted here or on our flickr account. :)

Offline Profile