<  Rotofugi Gallery  ~  Fun with Dead Bodies! -- Dial-up Users Beware Page 2!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:11 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL

fun with dead bodies

an exquisite corpse painting show featuring the
collaborative work of 24 painters and illustrators

Craig Dransfield
eThos
Blaine Fontana
AJ Fosik
Michael Genovese
Maya Hayuk
Cody Hudson
Matt Irving
Jordin Isip
Andy Jenkins
Mel Kadel
Bob Kronbauer
Thom Lessner
Travis Millard
Don Pendleton
Rotgut
Shok 1
Michael Sieben
Damion Silver
Tom Torluemke
Upso
Paul Urich
Andrew Jefferey Wright
Chris Yormick

Curated by eThos

OPENING RECEPTION
October 21, 2005 — 7pm-11pm
Free Drinks
DJ Clayton Counts

Exhibition continues until November 13, 2005

Last edited by rotokirby on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:22 am
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:25 amPosts: 195Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
"fun with dead bodies"

Naiiice :TCIMH-SmileRoto: :-D Thats going to be great event! Whos going?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:49 am
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 amPosts: 1757Location: ooo000ooo.com
tres Cool! - should be interesting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:12 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
Maya Hayuk & Craig Dransfield are an all-over-the-place art superteam lately!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:34 pm
wow i never post on here. I will probably be at this show...just a few comments really quick, I guess something that struck me. No offense to eThos or whomever made the flier, but they probably shouldn't have probably put ethos's work on the cover. Its kind of bad taste to curate a show then put yourself on the cover. I know I know this overtly critical blah blah blah Im some punk street artist f***, but I dont know it kind of bothers me. Im sure it should be a good show though, regardless.

Thanks, the viking

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:40 am
User avatarRoto AdminJoined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pmPosts: 7028Location: Chicago, IL
That's actually an exquisite corpse by 3 artists, one of which is eThos...(look for the signatures)... because of the collaborative nature of the show, time constraints didn't allow us to have any other artwork available for the flyer and advertising. Trust me, I would have much rather had an actual piece from the show for the flyer, but it just couldn't happen in time...so eThos pulled strings and made this happen in a very short amount of time, which we are grateful for.

Hope to see you Friday!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:14 am
User avatarRoto Capo di VinyliRoto Capo di VinyliJoined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pmPosts: 2348Location: GRεεKTΘωN
When I curate my show at Rotofugi, not only am I putting my art on the flyer, but I'm calling it:

"M500 by M500 for M500 hosted by M500 drinks by M500 with special guest DJ M500"

It'll be a blast.

probably around 2008 or so.

M500

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:16 am
Marinaro500 wrote:
When I curate my show at Rotofugi, not only am I putting my art on the flyer, but I'm calling it:

"M500 by M500 for M500 hosted by M500 drinks by M500 with special guest DJ M500"

It'll be a blast.

probably around 2008 or so.

M500

I'm going to pencil it in.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:45 pm
ha thats a great idea...it will put new meaning into "solo" or "one man show"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:50 pm
Marinaro500 wrote:
drinks by M500

I'm looking forward to this part especially. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:11 pm
User avatarJoined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:07 pmPosts: 7Location: chicago
I'm going to change my name to Kirby. I encourage everyone to do the same. Personally, I think the design rocks, whether it's "good form" or not. In the world of art I haven't seen too much of that to begin with, and I've been a professional art handler for many years, overseeing preparators at many shows, and for too many galleries. As an artist, though, I see nothing wrong with giving yourself a little boost from time to time; not that that's what eThos was doing at all. Plus, it's his show. As the curator, he can do whatever he damned well pleases, and really: what makes any of us the arbiter of good taste? We're all a bunch of flatulopetic dunderwhelps, anyway, every single one of us, we humans, and we're all just waiting around to die. Okay, we're having a little fun doing it, too. Art is art. Art is meaning and meaninglessness. To quote Oscar Wilde, "All art is quite useless." To quote Marshall McLuhan, "Art is anything you can get away with." And to quote Art Carney, "I have seasonal answers. In the summer: 'I like it down there because it's cool.' In the winter: 'I like it down there because it's warm.' Then I've got one that isn't seasonal: 'Go to hell.'"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:24 am
User avatarRoto MafiaRoto MafiaJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:08 pmPosts: 909
must have been a long night....no posts or pictures on the event...I wanna see~!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:39 pm
User avatarRoto ConsigliereRoto ConsigliereJoined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 pmPosts: 1430Location: Chicago, IL
Didn't make it even before the event officialy started like I usually do, running really late. Hoping to go on sunday.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:39 pm
User avatarRoto FriendJoined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:09 pmPosts: 165Location: St. Louis, MO
Any change any of us out of towners going to get to see some pictures? Is the art for sale or is it a travelling exibition?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:15 pm
Buschrj wrote:
Any change any of us out of towners going to get to see some pictures? Is the art for sale or is it a travelling exibition?

All for sale, not travelling at all. Full section on the online store coming by the end of the week. :)

Offline Profile